Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Fell off the wagon today !

Boolit Master

Fell off the wagon today !

I’d laid off buying and actually had been liquidating . But I’ve also been on the look out for Parker 16 hammer and hammerless as well as a 20 hammerless all with 32” barrels. Someone messaged me yesterday on another forum and offered me a Parker DH 16 gauge with a 32” barrels on a rather rare (for a 16) #2 frame . Hopefully the gun will be in my hands next week by Friday or the following Monday . FWIW they only made about 60 DH/DHE 16’s with 32” barrels and it’s probably safe to assume 2/3’s to 3/4’s of them were on #1 frames . Well of course I have a three day refusal , but I’ve seen plenty pics , the Parker letter and the stock dimensions match my regular SxS competition guns . So I suspect if it makes it to me and UPS doesn’t screw up the guns found a new home .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    The guy that’s selling it to me couldn’t tell me points of constriction in the barrels (my gauge will measure it upon arrival) . But judging by the thickness of the barrels at the muzzle end it’s safe to assume it’ll be tight . Very good for reaching targets , little less than optimum for the closer ones . But that’s part of the game shooting vintage events .

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    I’d laid off buying and actually had been liquidating .
    Yeah. It happens.
    I've been thinning the herd myself in my old age. I'm down to what I actually shoot, and the real sentimental ones.
    Since I started working on that,,,,, I've only bought three additional guns myself.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I’ve bought four to speak of this year . The one mentioned above a Parker DHE 20 ga 30” , a Parker Grade 2 12 gauge top lever hammer gun with 32” barrels and a Parker SC 12 gauge 32” . And I’ve sold a bunch of stuff that just about covers what I’ve got in the four . Oh yeah I forgot I also bought a Winchester Model 12 16 ga with 30” barrel . Just had that one reblued last week and I redid the stock . Got the Model 12 for the pump class at the vintage events .

Boolit Master
    I’d still like a Parker 16 gauge hammer gun with 32” barrels and a Parker 20 ga hammerless with 32” barrels . The 20 I’ll eventually find hopefully with stock dimensions close to my other competition guns . But a 16 hammer gun with 32” are like hens teeth . I’ve got a Parker 16 hammer gun with 30” that I shoot well , just trying to get the same look . Both my 10’s both my 12’s and now this 16 are all 32” with decent stock dimensions . I wouldn’t mind a Parker 28 gauge with 30 or 32 inch barrels but they’re rare and VERY pricey so that most likely won’t happen I’ll just have to stay happy with the Parker VH 28 ga 26” I use now as well as the little Iver Johnson Hercules in the 410 event .

6pt: Did you hear that Manny is running for President? I think he's a shoe in for it. Always liked him!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    6pt: Did you hear that Manny is running for President? I think he's a shoe in for it. Always liked him!

Randy
    There are plenty people there that don’t think he’s Senator material even though he’s been a Senator for one or two terms . And the same ones think he’s not presidential material either . On top of that Dueterte the present president has it in for him at the moment . I hope Pacquiao gets elected if he runs but I’m not sure he’ll win .

When I was there Marcos was President and nobodies shoes were safe from his wife.!

I like Manny alot, he a tough little guy, and he has proven that not only can he take a punch, he also can dish it out.

Boxing is pretty good training, for Politics. I'd love to invite Biden out in the Parking Lot! I'm not a Boxer but I'm pretty sure I'd only need one shot.

I'll be rooting for Manny!!!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

I can honestly say I have never fallen off the wagon. Never climbed on it either.

Boolit Master
    Gun showed up today !

Paperwork is done sent in and approved so it'll go home with me today and be taken to the local sporting clays course thursday . Gun honestly looks better than I anticipated .