Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Frankfort Arsenal FX-10 Progressive Press

Boolit Buddy

Frankfort Arsenal FX-10 Progressive Press

I wonder how this will be received.

https://youtu.be/ow32KKqTHEk

Boolit Buddy

Seems like a lot of value, at a good price point, for a hand cranked press. Sort of the cousin of the Mark VII.

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    I saw this around lunch time I was wondering if this would be like a redesigned new truck what all they would have to do to tease out the engineering flaws...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

It seems there has been a large price increase since the first announcements.

It's all going to boil down to cost, support and availability.

With the complexity of that shell plate I'd guess caliber conversions are going to be EXPENSIVE.

I also noticed it seems like the support for the case feeder interferes a lot with the sightline to a couple of the stations.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

It would have been nice if the camera had been on the side of the press where the action was taking place from start to finish instead of just on the finish side. Interesting press and I will wait to see how it is received. Not for me though, anything over $400.00 is out of my league. james

Boolit Master
    Might be a good machine, but I'd be very cautious of any of the various Midway brands.

Boolit Buddy
    Now that is interesting!!! They addressed and fixed every single quirk I've had with my 1050.
    I'd like to get one.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Grand Master
    Having gone from three 1050's to one, and finding no faults with any of them, there is no reason for me to look at something else. About the only issue with the 1050 is bullet feeding and I am looking at rectifying that with a bullet die that Tyler sent me. If it works, I can decide to go "whole hog" and get the bullet collator or manually feed bullets from the top of the machine into a short drop tube on the die.

At 71, I am not shooting nearly as much as I used to....but the dumb little voice in my head still thinks I need to crank out 700-800 rounds an hour.

For someone looking to make a lot of ammunition this new machine has a place...IF IT WORKS!!! And that is the crunch. I got burned by the Green Machine when it came out and should have got the Star. Many folks got burned by the Lee 1000. Both RCBS and Lee are good suppliers who screwed up. The issue with this machine is going to be support and redesign of any issues that come up. IMO it takes 100's of users cranking out millions of rounds to sort a new progressive out. You need "average Joes/Janes" for real world testing not a handful of factory techs running trials.

My advice is to wait for a bunch of other "suckers" to run it for a few months unless you can afford the luxury of a machine that may not work 100% out of the gate. When the guys that run Dillon 650's 750's and 1050's start to say good things about it....BUY IT! The guys that run the other progressives fall into these categories....some are talented (like Mr Morris) and can make anything work, some will not admit they made a mistake, some do not know they made a mistake, some do not load much and live with hiccups, and others cover up the deficiency of their press by depriming and priming in separate operations.

A progressive press takes an empty case at the feed station, and spits out a perfect reload at the last station. A good one, does it with no tweaking and without needing to clean it every 2000 rounds.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by RydForLyf View Post
    I wonder how this will be received.

https://youtu.be/ow32KKqTHEk
    If it works, even at the higher than original projected price, it will be well received.

Product support, warranty coverage, etc. will be the pivot point of its future.

Boolit Buddy
    seemed like a lot of toolhead flex. reliability remains to be seen. 10 station is a bit of a misnomer, as 1 is taken up by case insertion, so its really down to 9 at that point. there is also a swaging station, which takes it down to 8, though i guess you may be able to remove swaging rod and hold down and possibly use a die there.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUICEMAN View Post
    10 station is a bit of a misnomer, as 1 is taken up by case insertion, so its really down to 9 at that point. there is also a swaging station, which takes it down to 8…
    It will certainly be better received as a 10 station with case feed and swage than it would be as an 8 station without either feature.

Boolit Master

When it was first announced the price was to be about $750, I understand now it has blossomed to about $1,100... I was interested at $750ish, not so much at $1,100...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    When it was first announced the price was to be about $750, I understand now it has blossomed to about $1,100... I was interested at $750ish, not so much at $1,100...
    Yeah, back then people hadn’t gone nuts, paying $100 for only 1000 primers. I don’t blame them for trying to capitalize on folks that are opposed of the “buy low/sell high” mindset.

Boolit Grand Master

Long term support would be the issue for me. Normally I like RCBS product but their progressive presses are an example of how not to do business. They tend to have very limited support as soon as they do a model change.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Doesn’t help if your “latest and greatest” are less reliable than the old one they intend to replace.