MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: Zen

Boolit Master

Zen

I do enjoy shooting long range, and my family heard me when I said that 35 years of packing 12 pounds of walnut and steel through Hell and back wasn't as much fun as I remember.
    I am used to " making" my rifles, bedding and floating and truing - this one was under the tree in 2019 and I cannot say enough about this gift - my wife and kids did oodles of research and digging to come up with this Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 300 PRC (with enough ammunition and brass and bullets to go for quite a while!!)
    I have now killed elk, whitetail, bear, coyotes, a few ground squirrels and a crippled steer with it, handed it to 1 employee and 2 sons for an amazing finish. It is an incredibly accurate rifle that tips the scale about 5 pounds lighter than my Weatherby.
    I can crush steel at 1400 and have that "familiar comfort" that those of you that shoot a lot know. I took her out today to make sure she's still good - I love that she already has marks from trees and saddle scabbards and living.
    It's an awesome rifle, but it came from folk that care - that's a rare thing in this world, and the best part about it.
    I plan on keeping her!

(350 yards, 5 shot group in a stiff wind - same load I developed from the start - 3rd ladder load - ignore the black circles, it's a used target)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Nice rifle with a good story.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk