RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fedex shipping---worthless

Boolit Master
    update 1600 hrs EST. still no package.
    got though to a real person through fedex 800 number on Friday afternoon
    sounded like he was in India reading off a script. tried to assure me that anything marked perishable is kept refrigerated-- yeah right, and he's got some bridges to sell me for cheap I bet.
    also said they would track package down and call me with updates of where it is.
    my phone has not rung even once.

Boolit Buddy
    Tried fedex, and each time they failed on delivery. I will no longer accept delivery by fedex when placing orders. USPS is the best with Ups a close second.
    Try to claim from fedex has been impossible..........no more.

In my area USPS is the absolute worst of all. We had a package that was shipped FEDEX Smart Post. Luckily they were only furnace filters and I order them well in advance of need. They arrived at the FEDEX facility that is about 10 to 15 miles from where I live with in a day. There were three boxes of filters. The smallest was then transferred to the FEDEX delivery station and we received it the next day. The two larger packages were transferred to the post office and proceeded to travel about 90 miles to Harrisburg Pa. My local Post Office was about 5 miles from the FEDEX location. The packages lay in limbo for about three or four days. Then they were shown as delivered to the local post office and took another two days to get delivered.

I will say the company I ordered them from gave me a 20% refund for the delay. Thank You Discount Filters dot com.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master

Just happened to have received a package yesterday from Fedex. I ordered a barrel from Glock in Smyra, GA on September 11th. A Saturday. It was delivered to Fedex on Monday the 13th, and didn't get to my house until the 23rd. 11 days for a small metal part in a little box to travel 1500 miles seems a bit ridiculous. But, I am used to slow deliveries out here. Amazon always promises 2 or 3 day delivery and it is usually 4 to 12 day delivery. Average is about a week.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    11th day update 0700hrs.
    up for morning coffee, got to get my chores done, my brain is thinking saying to my tongue I wish I could just taste that smoked fish.
    checked the fedex web site with tracking number.
    it says package was put on truck out for deliver at 0744hrs Monday sept 20 at local fedex place about 35 miles away, today is Friday,
    the last entry on fedex detailed tracking it says "Monday sept. 20 1:06p.m.--In transit"
    I guess the delivery truck driver might have gotten some crackers to go along with those fish snacks all week.

Boolit Master

They all serve Amazon now! USPO-Fedex-UPS all of them - Amazon butters their bread now and gets special rates and priority on shipping. Our shipping rates have gone up to subsidize the big dog.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

ARGH. DHL delivered a package for my daughter. 6 ft long, rails and parts for a rolling door. About 40 pound package, 2x4x 6 ft. Broken about a third of the way down and retaped by DHL. Just missing parts..... Guess they broke it and didn't even look for the loose items, just taped it up.

Oh, and I dropped of box at the local UPS service center and there were two Fedex trucks either bringing in or delivering to UPS. Go figure.

Boolit Master
    USPS and UPS are great once it gets close to me. I know them all.

I've been on the phone for three days with fedcrap. They delivered the wrong package to my house, which I delivered for them, and delivered my package someplace else. I can't get an answer to where it is or a call back.

I will never order from any company again if I can't choose UPS.

Boolit Master
    There seems to be good and bad on Both sides. I for one found Fedex to be very fast and reliable. Maybe it is our area.
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

This may have something to do with it...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...labor-shortage

FedEx is rerouting hundreds of thousands of packages every day while it scrambles to cope with the labor shortage plaguing many businesses in the U.S.

FedEx Chief Operating Officer Raj Subramaniam said during an earnings call this week that there have been "widespread inefficiencies" in its operation due to "constrained labor markets" which have ultimately forced the company to divert packages.

There are more than 600,000 packages a day being rerouted across the entire FedEx Ground network, according to Subramaniam.
    Subramaniam pointed to the company's Portland, Oregon, hub as an example, saying it's running on "65% of the staffing needed to handle its normal volume."

As a result, the hub is diverting 25% of the package volume that normally goes through to the hub because it can't be efficiently processed.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    This may have something to do with it...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...labor-shortage

FedEx is rerouting hundreds of thousands of packages every day while it scrambles to cope with the labor shortage plaguing many businesses in the U.S.

FedEx Chief Operating Officer Raj Subramaniam said during an earnings call this week that there have been "widespread inefficiencies" in its operation due to "constrained labor markets" which have ultimately forced the company to divert packages.

There are more than 600,000 packages a day being rerouted across the entire FedEx Ground network, according to Subramaniam.
    Subramaniam pointed to the company's Portland, Oregon, hub as an example, saying it's running on "65% of the staffing needed to handle its normal volume."

As a result, the hub is diverting 25% of the package volume that normally goes through to the hub because it can't be efficiently processed.

sounds just about right
    I really don't understand this current generation, if I were capable I would grab one of those job openings, many employers are now offering signing bonuses and full medical and dental from what I understand.
    when I was younger and able I had two jobs working double shifts taking advantage of every opportunity.

Boolit Master
    Day three and still no call from a supervisor. Still no one in the USA to talk to. I was promised a call before noon tomorrow. Yeah I'm not holding my breath.

Boolit Master
    Glad I didn't hold my breath. No call. Not feeling good so don't feel like arguing with people that can't do anything.

If I'm feeling good Monday, I need to pick up a truck load of parts outside Kansas City. So I might take Tuesday off just to drive to Joplin.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife's mom called and asked her if she received the "signature required" registered letter she sent her. Ah no.....they tracked it to our local post office. Postmaster said that due to Covid she signed for all registered letters and then the RR person delivered them. Hmmmmm so where is it? she said the person was new but remembered placing it between the storm and inner door. Well we keep the storm door locked and there was no letter. several days later a neighbor from down the road a piece showed up and gave it to me......it was left in her RR box!!!!! Now I know the meaning of Charlie Brown's AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGH!!!!!!!
    Do I have a knife....Ive got my pants on don't I.

Boolit Master
    I heard a rumor my package got delivered over 30 miles away. I'm still trying to confirm this. The shipper started a claim after it was two weeks late but I haven't heard crap. They said it could be two more weeks before I hear anything.

I may have said in this thread before but for USPS if it gets to Rich Hill I will get it. I know everyone in between. For UPS, if it get to Appleton City, I will get it. My driver is in my phone and will look for my truck if I'm out working while he is doing deliveries.

FedEx just flat sucks and you can't call anyone in this country to complain.

Cast Boolits Owner

I requested (by phone) a package which was already in my current town at the FedEx facility be redirected to my house. I was told it would take 3-5 days for it to arrive and given a reference number for the conversation. I waited about a week then checked the tracking number for status. Needless to say I was surprised to find my package was delivered to a location in Washington State. The next morning I call customer service who told me that everything would be fine and that all I needed to do was send a return label to the person at the address requesting they send the package back. I explained that I had no idea who they delivered the package to and reminded them that it was adult signature required so they better send someone right out to collect my item. In the meantime a googled search revealed the address they delivered to was a business so it didn’t take long for me to figure out who to call. The owner was nice indicating his wife signed for the package then placed it on his desk where it had been sitting awaiting fedex’s return (he called them too). It took a couple of weeks but the business owner eventually called me back to say fedex showed up for the package and it was on its way back. In retrospect I guess I was lucky the person on the other end was honest.

Farmbif - did the package ever arrive?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

Fedex has 2 hubs in our area. Anything that goes through one usually gets sent back to sender because they can not find our house (name and number on mailbox) anything going through the other one is on time and in good condition. USPS is the worst, the local people are great, but our packages go through Memphis. About 1 out of 4 never leave. UPS has the best record for us on delivery, but the packages sometimes look pretty rough.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

I guess I got lucky. I sent two packages to a forum member on 10/5. I got to the Pak and Send late so it did not really begin travel till 10/6. It arrived safely at his residence in CA on 10/10. We both were amazed that they did Sunday deliveries.

Damaged package from above. Daughter notified the seller that one small package was missing. Three long screws and a long metric bolt, about a half inch diameter(12 or 13mm) Something that would be hard to obtain locally as it was threaded entire length. Si roughly two weeks has passed. Dhl drive up last night. 5 pound box, direct from china. Marked damaged again and was taped up all over. But they shipped the entire set of brackets and packaged fasteners. From China. firat was US shipped as it only took a few days.... No wonder they charged a high price for their items. Stupidity and no spare parts

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

This isn't much but it shows the faults in the system, any system. Monday last my wife ordered 2 of those cell phone covers or protectors. One Blue, one Black. The blue one arrived Thursday and the black disappeared. To day I got a whiney e-mail giving 3 excuses. I don't expect to ever see the black again. They didn't cost much but they have my money and I have nothing.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast