Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fedex shipping---worthless

Boolit Master

Fedex shipping---worthless

got a call from a fisherman friend in Alaska, he asked me if I enjoyed the fish-- I was left speechless-- wha--wha--what fish? Wow that was like super nice for you to think of me and send me an early Christmas present. Turns out the salmon are running real well this year. or so he says.
    Yeah I sent you out a box of smoked coho on Tuesday, sent it Fedex 2 day delivery guaranteed. marked perishable
    fortunately he had receipt with tracking number. went to fed ex web site and its about totally useless, says package left Junau on Tuesday morning, got to and left Anchorage Tuesday afternoon, early Wednesday morning got to Indianapolis 2am, this is where it gets interesting-- 4am says in transit
    then at top of tracking page in bright red letters all caps, so I guess they are screaming it out "POTENTALLY DELAYED" no scheduled delivery date at this time.
    I tried to contact Fedex -- its useless automated messaging

what would life be without great friends?

Moderator Emeritus

With the fedex automated system keep hitting 0, eventually their system gives up and connects tp a human who is just as worthless...

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    This kinda of carp only happens with perishable stuffs it seems like!

I had a buddy in Iowa send me 7+ (!!!) pounds of fresh Morel mushrooms he found a few years ago by FEDEX next day. SIX (6) days later it showed up in a watery gooey rotten stinking bag inside another box with a letter of apology. That letter won't replace the mushrooms, which sell for many MANY $$ a pound! Had no claim, as it was not insured by him for anything. We trusted FEDEX to deliver overnight. Never again.

That's a good friend.

So by the time you get it will be like smoked lutefisk.

Boolit Buddy
    Aaaand if the package weighs over 30 pounds they are infuriated that you shipped it in the first place and throw it out of the truck to the ground. I have had 2 well made wooden crates 2' x 1' x 1' broken open when they arrived.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    I have never had a problem before, but this last order two mags from triple k is 3 three week late and I still don't have them.

Boolit Master

I paid an extra $30 for 2 day shipping of a mattress for my wifes hospital bed.
    It arrived 6 days later.

Boolit Buddy

All the shippers are having issues now. Around here, USPS is the worst, tracking is useless, and once they make it to FL they travel around the state for a few days before getting to the destination PO. UPS is normally on time but the boxes look like they were tied to the back of the truck. FedEx is always late if the shipment originates outside the state but the boxes are not damaged.

Had the same issues with Fedex this week but luckily not a perishable item. When the item finally arrived two days late, it was already delivered to another address and the box was opened. Another time instead of bringing the item to the house they left it across the road leaning against my rural mailbox. UPS isn’t perfect but miles better than Fedex.

Boolit Master
    UPS Fedex can't even find my house, even with there GPS address finder. I've been there for over 35 years.

Funny this comes up. I had a USPS package scheduled to deliver Saturday (yesterday).

And tracking says it was!

Delivered to a PO Box, apparently. In the next town over where I've never HAD a PO Box. But it was on time, at least ...

Around my area Fedex hasn't been too bad. In fact, the driver has actually been ringing the doorbell when delivering.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Buddy
    Fedex is the worst possible carrier here in W. KY...And their tracking is an absolute joke.
    I've gotten to the point where if fedex is the only shipping option,, I'll just pass and order from somewhere else..

Boolit Master
    FedEx Express works well here. FedEx Ground is another story. FedEx sells routes to independent contractors, who hire worthless people to make the delivery. The workers are paid a daily wage. If the route is completed in 6 hours, or 12, the pay is the same. I won’t have anything shipped by ground. UPS is professional, and I have no problem with them. I’d say USPS is my best option overall.

In May, we had 60 lbs of live crawfish for overnight delivery (by noon on a Saturday). Had all party invitations out, backyard was set up, water was heated up and as nobody from Fedcrap showed up by noon, we checked and were told "oh, we did not have a flight today to your area, so it will come sometimes next week". Not even an attempt to deliver, they did not even have a flight scheduled to my airport that day, so they already knew when accepting the package that they would not deliver on time. It was a lot of fun calling 30+ friends that the party was off, thanks to Fedcrap.

The most pathetic "shipping" company on the planet. I will never, ever use them again for anything. USPS may be bad, but Fedcrap clearly tops it all.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master
    The quality of help almost everywhere seems to be lacking to say the least. Our ups driver is really exceptional either rings bell or places package out of the rain at our back garage door.
    Postal service tracking system is terrible and I won’t pay for their tracking service. Shame Amazon uses them the most and 2 day delivery is 4 day minimum.
    Not sure with fed ex yet as we have few delivery’s from them.

Mike

Boolit Master
    Our 2 local Fedex drivers are awesome but the rest of the company is hit and miss. UPS got a lot worse with the amazon contract. I wonder how many of the problems start with amazon jerking the shippers around to get the best price?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    That's a good friend! Don't worry . . . . Biden will fix everything . . . . he's good at it . . . . . just ask him. Makes you wonder if someone, somewhere in a FedEx terminal is enjoying smoked salmon on their break.

Boolit Buddy
    i ordered ags anneler last month, figured shipped was going to be 1-2 weeks, FedEx shipped it from serbia to michigan in less than 72 hours.
    Normally FedEx cant ship across my state that quick.

Well it is a TOTAL crap shoot around here. I've a decent UPS driver during the week. I can guarantee that ANY package, even marked early am will show up sometimes after 4pm, usually 5 as he makes a saddle shop next to me his last pickup and for me delivery. Noy happy about being that late, but ok, he's consistent. Had a package shipped ground from Indianapolis on Thursday. Tracking said delivery by End of day Saturday. Sure it will.... Well dang if 730pm he dropped it off. FedEx had similar box due on Thursday end of day. 3 days in transit, abiut right. Tracking said end of day and was in the truck out for delivery. Well Thursday came and went, Friday afternoon it showed up. Driver was slow and didn't finish route Thursday.just load back up and delivery friday. who cares if you are a day late? Who cares if you don't meet YOUR Stated obligations? We have no recourse. Pick a different carrier? ha...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast