Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: 35 Remington...need brass

Boolit Master

35 Remington...need brass

Hello all... haven't posted here in a couple of years due to health problems. I'm getting around better now and have gotten the pot fired up again. I bought some 35 Remington brass from someone, I can't remember who, either a user here or a guy I was graciously steered to by someone here. The brass I received is top quality, made from reworked 308 military brass. Problem is I only purchased 100 pieces, and I'd like to get more. Any help finding out who/where I can get more would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Boolit Master

As I recall, the member who reworked 7.62 to 35 Remington has passed. Fired 35 Remington fired brass shows up occasionally. The caliber has a reputation for longevity, probably because of low pressures. Have you looked on Gunbroker? There used to be a guy with some for sale, who wouldn't sell to me-we both live in NY, but if still active would sell out of state.
    Bill
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

It was Grumpa who was selling the reworked brass and yes, he did pass away.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

There's some on Gunbroker now, but it ain't cheap.

Gaawd this makes me feel old. When I were a lad, and even 20 years ago, .35 Rem brass was as common as fleas. Now it's all but obsolete. Dad's last deer rifle was a 336 Marlin. It came down to me when he passed in 1998. Sure glad I laid in supplies for it then. Even though I never hunted with it, it's all there for me to pass along when I go. Great cast bullet gun.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Cabelas had some on line a few months back. I grabbed a bag for myself and my pops at the time…I should have bought more.

Looking at your avatar there tripplbeards, I'm gonna be glad I've got plenty of Varget if I ever take Dad's 336 out again. Dad loaded 3031, and so did I, although I had a fling with 5744. I don't remember that Varget was even on the market back then.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    I still have some of Grumpa's remade .35 Rem. Not many or I'd share.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Looking at your avatar there tripplbeards, I'm gonna be glad I've got plenty of Varget if I ever take Dad's 336 out again. Dad loaded 3031, and so did I, although I had a fling with 5744. I don't remember that Varget was even on the market back then.
    I shot my first and only group at 200 yards after my avatars group. I shot a 2 1/4", 200 yard group. Just a hair over moa. I'm sure I could do better with a higher power optic that has "fine" thinner crosshairs. The tasco varmint optic I used cross hairs look like barn boards at that distance. Probably wouldn't shoot a deer that far but I am sure my load could drop a deer alot farther than 200 yards as long I figure our my drops. I switched out to a 2-7 vX1 since. The 200 yard nine inches of drop aiming point on 7 power is where the thin and thick part of the crosshairs meet.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-27-2021 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Spelling