Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: WTB: Cast Bullets for .257 Roberts

Boolit Master

WTB: Cast Bullets for .257 Roberts

I have inherited an old Remington 722 in .257 Roberts that I would like to start shooting again, and would prefer to do so with light cast bullet loads.

If anyone has a mold or a source of cast bullets that work well in this caliber, I would be interested in a small sample of bullets to test out in my rifle.

Ideally these would be around 100 grain spitzer or semi-spitzer flat points, and plain base. I'm certainly open to gas checks and other bullet designs. I would love to see a Lyman 257418, or possibly a scaled-down version of a similar .30 cal bore riding design. My intention is to use these with Unique, 2400, or 4227 at sub-2000 fps velocity.

I've already looked at NOE, Accurate, Arsenal and MP to see what molds they might have available, with no success, so I recognize this is kind of a "hail mary".

If anyone has anything that might work for me, please let me know. I'm certainly willing to pay a fair price.

Thanks,
    Mike

Message sent
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" Ron Paul

Boolit Master

I do not have any cast but i do have an unopened box of Sierra .257 dia 120gr hollow point boat tails and 90 soft points if you are interested.

Boolit Buddy
    I use a lyman 257464 at 90 grains in my 257 roberts and it shoots very well. There are 3 moulds on ebay , and all would work for you.
    Last edited by Hiwall55; 09-21-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Banned
    I just cast the past two afternoons and the Lyman 85 grain w/gas check does well in .256 Win mag and 257 TCU. Will get some sized and gas checked when I get back in town. I do have two 120 grain .285 moulds for sale. Need to cast .224 and .257 more then will be ready for winter.when I return home in October if you will send me your email address i will send you a few of the .257 bullets I cast for you to try. will send sized, lubed and some with gas checks so you can experiment. D worley790@gmail.com
    Last edited by donald duck; 09-23-2021 at 07:47 PM. Reason: will send samples of .257 bullets