Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: credit card compromised

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Fast food is another venue for card hacking... local Arby's got me twice, I calle thed manager and told him what was going on and he fired half the day crew who were in on it. They had little readers in their pockets that could read the stripe if it was swiped over the outside of the pocket... like they were cleaning the card off to try it again... college town and one of the guys had a super memory so he memorized all the 3 digit security codes...

They don't even bother memorizing it. The kid on the register will set up a camera above his work station and make sure he flips the card during a transaction. Film at 11.

1/2 the time management is in on the scam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master
    I've got my banking/credit card transactions set so that I get an email alert every time there's a transaction over $100. Any transactions online that seem questionable, they'll freeze the card, no dollar amount minimum. Any transactions out of the area, I'll get an alert. If they're large charges, I'm asked to verify that it's me. "My card doesn't work? Hmmm, that's weird, I just used it last night, use this one instead". Sure enough, the credit union locked my card because of the online $135 charge from a new vendor, I needed to call to get my card usable again. (yes, I was purchasing reloading supplies) All I can say is, thanks for watching. Not that I appreciate being watched, but thanks for monitoring the card for transactions that my not have been me.
    I've had only one transaction from a card company, AMEX, that has been fraudulent. I said the charge wasn't mine, they said the card was swiped at a gas pump in Texas. "No, the card's in my back pocket, and I'm in Oregon". My account showed a credit immediately, I had a new card in two days. Thinking back, I got gas in Oregon at a station I don't normally use, the attendant swiped my card at the pump.
    So far, using credit cards, I've never been stuck with anything out of pocket and have had only the one fraudulent charge in 50 years of using cards.
    My debit card is only used to confirm my identity at a bank teller, I'll go inside rather than use it at an ATM. If I need cash after a bank closes, well.....I guess I haven't planned properly.
    "You can use this outside at the ATM".
    "Yes, I can, No, I won't"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    i like the idea of my computer being "hacked". i'll be going to Best Buy to have it "cleaned'
    I would worry about best buy as #1 suspect.

Boolit Master

Twice in the past 20 years I’ve had a credit card number stolen. Once was at a convenience store in San Diego where the clerk, who refused to speak to me even once in all the times I bought gasoline there, shared the number with most likely several people. The store required leaving the credit card inside while pumping gas. All of the fraud occurred on the day of that gasoline purchase.

The other time was at a restaurant in New Orleans. The waiter was gone with my card for way too long. Season tickets to the Dallas Cowboys were purchased. They must have been good ones; $2500 15 years ago.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

My wife's credit card number was swiped in Florida, we don't know where, on 7/31/22. Two T-Mobile phones were purchased in Seattle, Washington the same day, a continent away from where we live. One would have hoped an active BoA Visa Fraud Security protocol should have set off some alarm. Nope. We've been fighting Bank of America (BoA) since.

Our claim of fraud, reported on the morning of 8/3/22, was rebutted by T-Mobile in the ensuing BoA review on 9/29/22. The T-Mobile "invoice" is so poorly prepared that a person with a single functioning brain cell can tell. The numbers don't match! The "math" doesn't work.

The not-listed, no information, 3-unit, and ONLY "sales" number listed on the T-Mobile invoice is the "Subtotal", which is a negative number.
    Subtotal = (-)$2,729.97.

The Tax on the T-Mobile invoice is GREATER THAN the Subtotal.
    Tax = $3,026.07.

The difference of $296.10, is the disputed fraud that BoA wants me to pay. No one in the BoA Fraud Protection Department has a single functioning brain cell - yet. Our Registered, Return Receipt, Letter delivered to BoA (even faxed) is there "In Review". I am not holding my breath.

If I have to go to court to solve this, I will seek my attorney's fee, USPO fees, fraud reversal, and a Jerk Around factor for lost time and effort doing what BoA Visa Fraud Security should have done in the first place.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

On a similar note, on 9/4/22, someone contacted Google Ads and "registered" my address with the "Business Profile" name "Tree Company Cocoa". I received a letter and solicitation from Google Ads to "further my business", purchase advertising, and receive a $500 gift card.

On 10/15/22, at my home, the Postman delivered a USPO Priority Mail returning to "Tree Company Cocoa" an "undeliverable" Cashier's Check to a person I do not know in Duluth, MN, in the amount of $2,650.00". That set off bells and whistles and a rush to inform the State of Florida Attorney General.

Before I could mail the letter to the FL AG yesterday, another "undeliverable" $2,650.00 Cashier's Check to a person I don't know in Baltimore, MD arrived by Click-N-Ship Priority 2-Day Mail to "Tree Company Cocoa". I called the Sherrif immediately, started a local fraud investigation, and will amend my letter to the FL AG today, while the phone call I placed to the AG yesterday is pending a return call to me. The FL AG is already working higher priority Hurricane Ian scams, inflated price gouging, looting, etc. IDK when they will get back to me, hopefully today.

The pair of Cashier's Checks in hand are poorly copied on plain paper, bank logos cut off and incomplete, no bank address, no bank contact information, not sure about the purported "Security Icon only visible in infrared light", most likely forged PDF signatures, and nothing in the Priority Mail envelopes other than the check. I am amazed at the brazen scam being perpetrated and I don't want it coming back on me.

Identity Theft and Credit Card scams are rampant...and it sucks.
    Last edited by Land Owner; 10-18-2022 at 05:44 AM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    My wife's credit card number was swiped in Florida, we don't know where, on 7/31/22. Two T-Mobile phones were purchased in Seattle, Washington the same day, a continent away from where we live. One would have hoped an active BoA Visa Fraud Security protocol should have set off some alarm. Nope. We've been fighting Bank of America (BoA) since.

Our claim of fraud, reported on the morning of 8/3/22, was rebutted by T-Mobile in the ensuing BoA review on 9/29/22. The T-Mobile "invoice" is so poorly prepared that a person with a single functioning brain cell can tell. The numbers don't match! The "math" doesn't work.

The not-listed, no information, 3-unit, and ONLY "sales" number listed on the T-Mobile invoice is the "Subtotal", which is a negative number.
    Subtotal = (-)$2,729.97.

The Tax on the T-Mobile invoice is GREATER THAN the Subtotal.
    Tax = $3,026.07.

The difference of $296.10, is the disputed fraud that BoA wants me to pay. No one in the BoA Fraud Protection Department has a single functioning brain cell - yet. Our Registered, Return Receipt, Letter delivered to BoA (even faxed) is there "In Review". I am not holding my breath.

If I have to go to court to solve this, I will seek my attorney's fee, USPO fees, fraud reversal, and a Jerk Around factor for lost time and effort doing what BoA Visa Fraud Security should have done in the first place.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

On a similar note, on 9/4/22, someone contacted Google Ads and "registered" my address with the "Business Profile" name "Tree Company Cocoa". I received a letter and solicitation from Google Ads to "further my business", purchase advertising, and receive a $500 gift card.

On 10/15/22, at my home, the Postman delivered a USPO Priority Mail returning to "Tree Company Cocoa" an "undeliverable" Cashier's Check to a person I do not know in Duluth, MN, in the amount of $2,650.00". That set off bells and whistles and a rush to inform the State of Florida Attorney General.

Before I could mail the letter to the FL AG yesterday, another "undeliverable" $2,650.00 Cashier's Check to a person I don't know in Baltimore, MD arrived by Click-N-Ship Priority 2-Day Mail to "Tree Company Cocoa". I called the Sherrif immediately, started a local fraud investigation, and will amend my letter to the FL AG today, while the phone call I placed to the AG yesterday is pending a return call to me. The FL AG is already working higher priority Hurricane Ian scams, inflated price gouging, looting, etc. IDK when they will get back to me, hopefully today.

The pair of Cashier's Checks in hand are poorly copied on plain paper, bank logos cut off and incomplete, no bank address, no bank contact information, not sure about the purported "Security Icon only visible in infrared light", most likely forged PDF signatures, and nothing in the Priority Mail envelopes other than the check. I am amazed at the brazen scam being perpetrated and I don't want it coming back on me.

Identity Theft and Credit Card scams are rampant...and it sucks.
    It is extremely unlikely that T-Mo would produce an invoice with math that doesn’t work. They’ve spent millions on systems specifically to ensure that this doesn’t happen. Maybe a T-mo agent phone store? Maybe you have an incomplete pic of the invoice?

As for the other, your experience sounds familiar but I do not recall the game, there are so many. I suggest that you try to engage the US Postal Inspection Service. They are an underutilized but very capable organization in my experience.

Boolit Master

Wait until they demand you use federal digital currency. There will be no protection or guards against credit loss.
    There will be a block chain charge every time you use the card, and the feds who run the register of your money will tax every transaction. There will be no limits on the legal and criminal abuse.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Wait until they demand you use federal digital currency. There will be no protection or guards against credit loss.
    There will be a block chain charge every time you use the card, and the feds who run the register of your money will tax every transaction. There will be no limits on the legal and criminal abuse.
    This seems way off topic, but:
    When do you think that will be?
    Not true.
    Probably, assuming #1 ever happens, there are always charges for processing transactions.
    As it is today.
    Not true.

Boolit Master
    Always wondered about the 3 digit code on the back. If you scratch off the code an employee can’t see it. This will prevent people from using your card online even if they have the number
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    I will not have a debit card that is attached to any of my accounts. At gas pump I always hit the clear button after I am finished. Have had card compromised a few times, high interest rate on card, Don't care, the card company has been good on security and I pay it all every month so the high rate means nothing for me, I use there money free for the month. When compromised, the card is changed, can be a pain to notify all that I have an ongoing credit line with, car, house insurance, ect..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    It is extremely unlikely that T-Mo would produce an invoice with math that doesn’t work. They’ve spent millions on systems specifically to ensure that this doesn’t happen. Maybe a T-mo agent phone store? Maybe you have an incomplete pic of the invoice?

As for the other, your experience sounds familiar but I do not recall the game, there are so many. I suggest that you try to engage the US Postal Inspection Service. They are an underutilized but very capable organization in my experience.
    A.) T-Mobile presented their invoice as evidence. I shredded that evidence in my rebuttal as completely lacking in substance, and their math does not work. How many chances and changes in their story should I tolerate from T-Mobile and the Bank of America Credit Card Fraud Department? Once is certainly enough. These are HUGE Corporations.

B.) The FL AG returned my call yesterday morning and also recommended the Post Office. So, I immediately went to the USPO Fraud and Security web site, registered there, and took a copy of that registration and my evidence to the local Postmaster. He was tired and uninspiring (maybe up all night sorting mail - idk), although receptive, and took the evidence to forward internally. He said, "This is not new, and you would be surprised to know how much of this takes place."
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

gotta watch gas station skimmers. I only use 1 card for gas because of this.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    A.) T-Mobile presented their invoice as evidence. I shredded that evidence in my rebuttal as completely lacking in substance, and their math does not work. How many chances and changes in their story should I tolerate from T-Mobile and the Bank of America Credit Card Fraud Department? Once is certainly enough. These are HUGE Corporations.

B.) The FL AG returned my call yesterday morning and also recommended the Post Office. So, I immediately went to the USPO Fraud and Security web site, registered there, and took a copy of that registration and my evidence to the local Postmaster. He was tired and uninspiring (maybe up all night sorting mail - idk), although receptive, and took the evidence to forward internally. He said, "This is not new, and you would be surprised to know how much of this takes place."
    Good luck!

Maybe the Sam's app where you have to use your phone to scan the code on the pump is a better option than cc

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Had my cabela's card hack 3 times in 4 months so dropped Capital One for B of A card. So far so good.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    They don't even bother memorizing it. The kid on the register will set up a camera above his work station and make sure he flips the card during a transaction. Film at 11.

1/2 the time management is in on the scam.
    My crypto credit card has nothing on the card except Mastercard. No numbers, security 3 digit, printed name or anything and when i use it i get an immediate text notifying me of the charge. My other 2 Credit Union cards can not be used out of state without my prior authorization and any unusual charges are denied and my card immediately locked then i get a call. My credit is also locked with agencies so any line of credit attempted is denied.

I ate lunch not far south of me not long ago and used a card. 1 month later the exact same charge was attempted. Denied and a call. Were you at ***** on this date? Nope, 500 miles from there and i have an elog on my truck to prove it. Wasnt keen on an Elog at first but it is admissable in court as evidence so establishes your whereabouts without question.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gc45 View Post
    Had my cabela's card hack 3 times in 4 months so dropped Capital One for B of A card. So far so good.
    Fire the monster mega banks that are pushing ESG and SJ nonsense. Credit Unions or local community banks only.
    Wife had her Cabelas hacked twice and cancelled.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123