MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: WTS Reclaimed Dietary Pewter in Ingots

Boolit Master

WTS Reclaimed Dietary Pewter in Ingots

Even though I am no longer traveling for work, and therefore no longer visit previous locations where I found pewter, I have still managed to accumulate more than is necessary for myself. Offered here exclusively:

Lot 1, 5 pounds of pewter, cast in 3 inch ingots, about 4 per lb., marked with P from potter molds.
    SPF
    Lot 2, 5 pounds of pewter, cast in 3 inch ingots, about 4 per lb., marked with P from potter molds.
    SPF

Lot 3, 5 pounds of pewter, cast in 3 inch ingots, about 4 per lb., marked with P from potter molds. SOLD

Lot 4, 5 pounds of pewter, cast in 3 inch ingots, about 4 per lb., marked with P from potter molds. SOLD

THANKS TO THE FORUM AND THE BUYERS.
    Mods, please close.
    Last edited by William Yanda; 10-06-2021 at 06:14 AM. Reason: update & close out
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

I'll take Lot 1. Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    please explain dietary pewter

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Master

Dietary pewter is suitable for handling food, by law contains no lead. Sorry for the delay.
    Bill
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Buddy
    many thanks, as i thought you were kidding. i learn something new every day !!

There's Culinary pewter. Kitchenware pewter. Lead-free pewter. But nothing about "dietary" in the reference, nor in normal pewter terms.

Boolit Master

If no lead, what is the approximate alloy in percentages?
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

This composition from Wikipedia shows you the ranges - pewter is not made to one single mix. And, it's kinda hard to tell the different mixes apart. So just take the average Sb (antimony) and Sn (tin) content as the important numbers.

tin (85–99%), antimony (approximately 5–10%), copper (2%), bismuth, and sometimes silver.
    Think of it as slightly dirty tin.

good luck, garrisonjoe

Boolit Master

I have seen modern dietary pewter used as a term to describe lead free pewter used in the manufacture of glass bottom mugs, pitchers, platters and dishes, etc.
    I use this as 95% tin with antimony and copper added, since the manufacturers of the objects use different alloys with approximately that composition.
    I feel it is fair to compare my ingots to one of Rotometals pewter alloys that they value over $25 for each pound.
    Slightly dirty tin works, the boolet can't tell if the antimony came from the wheel weights or the pewter.
    As I have stated previously, if you can find your own pewter or tin, have at it. If you are in a pewter free area, here's a deal for you.
    Thanks for your interest

Boolit Buddy
    I will take one.

Don

Boolit Mold
    I am in that pewter desert. Will take Lots 3 and 4. PM following.