MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything

Thread: 32 Winchester Special smokeles sight site

32 Winchester Special smokeles sight site

Good afternoon gents. Can anyone tell me the workings of the 32 WS rear site - with regards to the measurements on the side of the site and a line from the 50&100 YDS measurements to the second notch at the bottom of the site. Any information in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Boolit Master
    The line from "50-100YDS" is indicating how many notches are appropriate for that range variation on the rear serrations. 1 notch 50, 2 notches 100.
    At least that's how mine works out.

Hey thanks for that, I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with black and or smokeless - dual purpose? Its good to know the story. When I bought my 32 WS the smokeless site was and is missing the buckhorn part of the site with the outer only present. Just to let you know how rare they are here in AUS, I have not been able to locate a complete site in 20 years. The odd one pops up on Ebay in the US from time to time however each one would not ship here for various reasons.
    Thanks again.

Boolit Master
    picture of sight? how old is gun? does it have a flip up ladder sight? I never did understand those ladder sights winchester used. the 30-30 and 32 win spl have very little rise or drop for what ive learned the effective range of 150 yards or so. but I guess others have used these for much farther range where you have to be pretty precise figuring bullet drop.

Boolit Master
    Farmbif it's not a ladder sight.
    It's a rear sight Winchester installed exclusively on n the 1894 in 32 Winchester Special.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

farmbif, the picture of the site posted by cwtebay above is the site it originally had fitted except unfortunately it did not have the buckhorn fitted to the centre. I don't know why or how it came to be missing. I fitted a standard rear site. The rifle is a takedown rifle in 342 WS I have had it for 30years. You are not going to believe this but that's how long I have been looking for a smokeless site. They are as rare as hens teeth here in AUS. I have tried on many occasions to buy one from ebay in the US but for various reasons you can't ship from the US. Some reasons run from Govt restrictions regarding exporting firearm related parts to not being an export business. Anyway I'll keep trying.
    Bob

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BobInAus View Post
    Hey thanks for that, I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with black and or smokeless - dual purpose? Its good to know the story. When I bought my 32 WS the smokeless site was and is missing the buckhorn part of the site with the outer only present. Just to let you know how rare they are here in AUS, I have not been able to locate a complete site in 20 years. The odd one pops up on Ebay in the US from time to time however each one would not ship here for various reasons.
    Thanks again.
    I just had a conversation with a "sight guy" at a gunshow I went to today. Apparently, many of the "shells" of the sight were chucked to make it a more regular sight according to him. He also said that there are a vast number of other semi-buckhorn sights that will replace the guts quite simply. I need to measure mine and figure out what sights would be compatible.
    Sure would be cool to get that sight running again!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    that's a real neat looking sight, ive never seen one like that before.

cwtebay, I would love to get my site running again but you would have to check on your shipping requirements first. It would be great to experiment with different loads and work out the various distances etc.
    anyway regards Bob.