Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Accurate 43-310R Pros & cons

Accurate 43-310R Pros & cons

Just received in yesterday a new Accurate mold. 43-310R. Cast up a 10 lb pot of them today using my scrap COWW. BHN 10.5. They dropped from the mold , front cavity about .432, rear about .434. Front cavity averaged about 314.5grs & the rear about 313grs. Sized at .430 & crimped into the provided crimping grove they chambered with room to spare in my Ruger RedHawk 44 revolver. For my Win 94 AE 44mag rifle they would not feed, to long as crimped into the crimping grove. I then seated the bullet so the crimp was applied into the middle of the front driving band ( pictured ) & they fed perfectly. When crimped into the the provided crimping grove I could feed them into my rifle as a single shot, no problem. So hopefully in the next day or two I will shoot a few of these & see how they perform. Will see if the crimping location is a problem or not. Attachment 288705Attachment 288706I ordered this mold because it is a plain base. I have the Lee 44 cal 310 GC mold which works great in both my rifle & handgun. Wanted to get away from the gas checks if possible.
    Last edited by Dom; 09-14-2021 at 09:12 PM.

Boolit Master

I think your rear cavity weight is listed wrong.
    God Bless, Whisler

Dom, have you shot any critters with the 310 Lee? My SRH really likes the 310 Lee and H110. I hope the crimp grooves are deeper on the Accurate boolit than the Lee. My Lee mold cast them with the very faintest crimp groove you can imagine. Let us know how your 94 Win shoots these.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

I have another 44 mold that has a very narrow , not so deep crimp grove. A moderate crimp seems to hold just fine. I don't know if my softer 10.5 BHN has anything to do with that. It seems to me a sifter alloy allows the brass case to bite in deeper. Just a thought. Never have used my Lee 310gr on game. The way my 280 SWC penetrates it make me wonder what I need a 310gr for. I think I just like the heavier bullets because they seem to fly as flat as the lighter bullets for say , 100yds. Even though they start slower they really retain their velocity.