RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: can anyone run quickload for some 480 loads?

Boolit Bub

can anyone run quickload for some 480 loads?

can anyone assist with some hypothetical data on lighter cast bullets 300-350 grains(any bullet type) with unique, win-231 and Universal to about 900fps from 4-5 inch barrel. Wondering about charge weights and pressures.

Vendor Sponsor

If you can't find data for Unique with that boolit, it is usually because it is not recommended or it is unsafe. All of those are likely to be too fast for that much boolit weight but hey I could be wrong, JS...
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    For the Lee 476-325 bullet, roughly 9½ to 10 grains with any of the three powders. Start low and seat the bullet as deeply as possible to limit the powder space under the bullet.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    If you can't find data for Unique with that boolit, it is usually because it is not recommended or it is unsafe. All of those are likely to be too fast for that much boolit weight but hey I could be wrong, JS...
    All work with that bullet weight, as does red dot, tightgroup and others. Reason I asked is Im curious as to pressure differences between the three I have.

You don't need QL to know 231 is somewhat faster than Unique or Universal, and will come up to higher peak pressure for a set velocity compared with those two powders. Case fill rate is slightly lower as well. Hardly a dang bit of difference between Unique and Universal, but probably Unique will match Universal for velocity at a lower peak pressure, but we're only talking a narrow range here. Charge weights for all three are probably really similar.