RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEO advice wanted

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Neighbors down the street admitted surfing one of these gun supplies sites while hes had a few under the belt and doesn't remember throwing items in his basket.
    Come time to check out one day hes like Hmm where did that come from in my basket?

My bank card has fraud detection that never detects fraud, only me when I want to buy something on line from someplace out of the ordinary for more than a hundred or two. They send me a text asking if that's me, I answer it is and it's still blocked. I had a heck of a time buying from Dennis Fulmer Antique Guns even with several phone calls to the bank. I check my on line banking daily and have caught several fraudulant purchases, turn them in, get my money replaced, but have to wait on a new card for a week to ten days.

I don't expect the cops or bank to actually do anything, but I would like a name and address so I can pay a visit.

Boolit Buddy
    Trust me, there have been plenty of devious plans trying to sneak into my mind lately. I’d love nothing more than to throw a brick through the front window with a love note taped to it. Well, maybe there are a few things I’d love more… but I am not about to get myself into hot water for petty vengeance. Besides, the “suspect” is a middle aged college professor in the Northeast, not exactly a hardened criminal stereotype. For all I know they may have her name and address as well and are only using it to test the card to see if it works. Thank you guys for your replies. Like many of you, I have little faith that anything will come of it but will do my due diligence. Maybe a blind squirrel will come up with a nut.

Boolit Master
    I remember watching an fbi video of how they caught this one fraudster who used a bunch of fake id's, stolen credit card numbers and fake gift cards using dead drops and naive dupes to pull off his scams. the only reason they went after him and prosecuted was because he tried to kill a judge shooting her in her car.

Boolit Master

I have one CC (Amex) I pay off every month. Anything suspicious prompts them to email or call me. I’ve purchased stuff with it online and usually in LESS than a minute I get an email saying my - card was used without being presented at so & so, if I didn’t make the purchase call Amex.
    One time a week after my card renewed we went to dinner with friends. First time I used the new card. Three days later Amex called saying they had blocked a few out of state auto parts purchases that didn’t look right. I told them I had only used the card once, at a restaurant and that must have been when someone got my # and code. They didn’t want the restaurant name. I called the local police, they didn’t care either.
    I couldn’t understand since my card was only out of my sight for a few minutes, my receipt was time stamped so it should be easy to figure out which employee got my card info. Didn’t interest them in the least.
    I went back to the restaurant and talked to the manager. When he wouldn’t do anything I sent a detailed letter to the local newspaper editorial page. They published it the following week. The restaurant owner called me all ticked my editorial hurt his business.
    Told him to get the money back from his crooked employee.
    When my employees screwed up I was responsible to the customer.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Send the address to this guy. Maybe he’ll send them a package.

https://youtu.be/xoxhDk-hwuo

It's a sad state of affairs when criminals, (in this case, thieves) are given a pass to rob us. Apparently what they have in store is a subdued society where we just hand it over, no fight or WE go to jail...just like the queen's subjects.

Boolit Master
    Never hand your card to anyone who will walk away with it and be out of sight. I insist on walking my card to the cashier at a restaurant. Scratch off the 3 digit security code on the back so no one else can read it.
    Never had a card hacked since I started following these two policies.
    East Tennessee

Give the info to both law enforcement and your credit card company.

Happened to me with a debit card from the local bank. Attempt happened fri afternoon, so I had 2 days to google and look. I knew I'd only had one online purchase in the last 3 months and with which company. Monday morning I contacted the bank, gave them all the info I had. A week later I heard they caught both the guy who copied the CC info and the girlfriend who worked at a store in a mall a hundred miles away who tried to use it. They caught them both red handed.

Credit Card Company is out money, don't assume they won't do anything.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Notify any authority that will listen. This is not Jimmy down the street doing this but most likely a well organized group.

Lastly and above all else, I would contact the vendor to return the merchandise. That is the right thing to do IMHO.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Buddy
    Whether or not the police will do anything about it, I believe you really want to formally file a police report in case your identity gets stolen and they go wild with it. I've heard of identity theft costing people tens of thousands of dollars, and apparently you want a paper trail for a number of important reasons that I can't remember right now...

Boolit Buddy
    A few years ago my wife’s purse with the checkbook was stolen from the car. LE says teams exist, the ones who do the stealing then the ones that shop. That day a guy showed up at a bank with a check written out to himself, real name, on film. Nothing happened. Too small of a crime. We had crimes in three municipalities that we had to report but nothing happened. I get it, LE is busy. I wanted to pay the guy a visit but thought better of it. I wrote to each town’s mayor and chief to express disappointment. No responses. Car window repair $200, grief and frustration priceless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12