RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help with carseat cleaning

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Just don't worry about it. You'll get to remember your Rot every time you get into the car.

I'll second soap and water and a really good shop vac or go to the closest carwash with a good vacuum. Take your spray bottle of water soap mix and spray, and vac.
    The hair takes care of having evidence of him. Normally he does really good riding in the car
    Last edited by lksmith; 09-16-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Fortunately it's my "work vehicle" to minimize the wear and tear on my truck (not to mention better on gas) right now it's in the shop for a power steering issue. I have the seat sitting in my yard where the sun can get to it. After the Lysol wipes, I oxycleaned it and vacuumed, then poured some "nature's miracle skunk odor remover" on it I had. Probably need to go do a sniff test, but it's been dark both when I leave for work and when I get home, so don't feel like doing anything extra once I get home (been fighting sinus infection, starting a new job, and then finding out my department is down 50% on people and trying to fill positions is exhausting)

Boolit Buddy
    There is a product called consume made by the spartan company. it is a enzyme reducer and will take care of odors. My wife used to detail cars and this stuff works on all kinds of odors................Curdog

Boolit Grand Master

If you have the seat out of the car ... I would drop it off at an upholstry shop and let them replace padding and clean the underside of the seat cover good ... that stink will forever be embedded in those seat cushion fibers .
    The first warm day with the windows rolled up ... you know the smells going to linger .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by lksmith View Post
    The hair takes care of having evidence of him. Normally he does really good riding in the car
    Like my Terrors. White hair everywhere. But if you plan on ever letting him in the car again, don't do the seat replacement. Sure as you do, If you have my luck, He'd do it again.

Boolit Master

Local used car dealer that bought salvage cars and combine two or more to make a solid car (with an excellent reputation I might add), his guys always pulled the seats and carpet and hosed them down with a powerwasher. Have done it several times myself, take the seat to the carwash, soap it up with the wash cycle and rinse until the water runs clear and soap free. The pressure even pushes dirt out of the foam padding. Takes a couple days for the foam to dry, but worth it.
    Last edited by jcren; 09-17-2021 at 04:32 PM.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Like my Terrors. White hair everywhere. But if you plan on ever letting him in the car again, don't do the seat replacement. Sure as you do, If you have my luck, He'd do it again.
    I'll make sure the seat covers are on next time!
    He would ride with me several times a week last year and whenever I go to atwoods or the gun store I take him because 1) I like to show off my boy, 2) he likes to go and see new people, scents, etc 3) they allow it. Just kinda of a fluke since he's ridden 100's of times without incident

Boolit Master
    I had nearly the same scenario happen years ago. We had a young dog that at the time we didn't know he was allergic to pork. To make a long story short, I made a short trip to the bank and took him with me, in the bank less than 5 mins, came back to a seat full of lava like poo! Covered the door and into the floor as well! The ride home was, shall we say memorable, as I was holding the pup by the collar to keep him from scattering it further while driving with my head out the window gaging! I thought about taking the van out to the country and burning it! It was cloth seats, but warm water with OXI-Clean, a 2 gallon garden sprayer, and a shop vacuum made it good as new!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by curdog View Post
    There is a product called consume made by the spartan company. it is a enzyme reducer and will take care of odors. My wife used to detail cars and this stuff works on all kinds of odors................Curdog
    Never heard of it, thanks
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lksmith View Post
    I'll make sure the seat covers are on next time!
    He would ride with me several times a week last year and whenever I go to atwoods or the gun store I take him because 1) I like to show off my boy, 2) he likes to go and see new people, scents, etc 3) they allow it. Just kinda of a fluke since he's ridden 100's of times without incident
    Get the ones from Cabelas or the like made for animals. I got some off Amazon for the vehicles cause our Valley Bulldog loves to ride around. She even climbed in the back of a UPS truck causong a very surprised driver to return 20min after leaving. Those purpose built covers are the bomb
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Well the seat passed the sniff test. Been rained on twice and sun dried. also vacuumed while wet. Hopefully tomorrow will be sunny and finish drying it so I can put it in the storage building until the car gets outta the shop. Although, I am thinking of leaving the seat out, perfect place for my icechest.

Boolit Master

Are you willing to lick the seat?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Are you willing to lick the seat?
    That's the ultimate test !

And that's funny too ...

I would leave the seat out too ... out at the upholstery shop ...
    Once a dog puts his stink something ... it's His !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    That's the ultimate test !

And that's funny too ...

I would leave the seat out too ... out at the upholstery shop ...
    Once a dog puts his stink something ... it's His !
    Gary
    I wouldn't lick a NEW seat!

I think i got it off quick enough before the liquid got in the seat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12