Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision

Thread: NOE 432-267-RF-Z4 w GC load info.

Boolit Mold

NOE 432-267-RF-Z4 w GC load info.

Hello, I don't post much but I need some help. I have the NOE 432-267-RF-Z4 w GC bullet mould and it drops in the 259-262gr with hollow point pins and with the shallow pins it drops a little heavier. My issue is that with the Lee, Lyman, Hornady books, and load data site I cant find a load that is within those weight ranges for my Ruger Redhawk. I have some IMR 4227 on hand that I have used in my 357Mag but Im not tied to that powder. Can anyone give me some advice on a load combination. I'm not hot-rodding the loads. Usually us something that is middle of the road and gets the job done. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by charles.k.terry; 09-13-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Got this off the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center on their website.

270 gr Speer GDSP
    1.600" COAL
    IMR4227
    20.5gr - 22.5gr

That should get you close. I often use jacketed data to base off of for cast. The cast bullet will have lower pressures than a jacketed of similar size. You often have to adjust the COAL a little on the cast load to crimp in the crimp groove.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Got this off the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center on their website.

270 gr Speer GDSP
    1.600" COAL
    IMR4227
    20.5gr - 22.5gr

That should get you close. I often use jacketed data to base off of for cast. The cast bullet will have lower pressures than a jacketed of similar size. You often have to adjust the COAL a little on the cast load to crimp in the crimp groove.
    This has been covered in several recent threads. Generally cast boolits of the same weight using the same powder charge will have increased pressure. You can verify this by reading the Lyman manual.
    NRA Benefactor.

My starting loads with a NOE 433277 , ocl 1.76, no gas check in a Ruger SBH no leading sized 0.433"
    266 gr cup hp keith
    2400 14gr 1050 fps
    2400 15 gr 1111 fps
    2400 15.5 gr 1167 fps

270 gr flat point
    Universal clays
    8.0 .gr @ 1025
    9.0 gr @ 1090
    9.5 gr @ 1140

It's pretty close to your 432267 and the mould is new enough to me I haven't had time to work on anything faster. I have a 3 weight test ladder ready to go starting @ 16.0 gr of 2400 so we will see if I ever get to the range.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    This has been covered in several recent threads. Generally cast boolits of the same weight using the same powder charge will have increased pressure. You can verify this by reading the Lyman manual.
    It has been covered in many past threads too and conclusions have also contradicted the Lyman manual. Going off of one manual as gospel is flawed. Same powder charge generally cast will be faster but usually have lower pressure. Besides there are a lot of variables at play. Velocity to velocity bullets being equal I have always found a jacketed to show more pressure than cast.

Regardless the jacketed starting load can be used for a similar sized cast and work the load up.
    Last edited by dkf; 09-18-2021 at 09:25 PM.