WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graf's Requiring Drivers License Number For Orders?

Boolit Grand Master

Graf's Requiring Drivers License Number For Orders?

I was on another firearms sight and someone posted that Graf's asked for DL info when he placed an order over $500 for verification. He cancelled the order and I would too as I'm not sending my DL number online to anyone. Is this a thing? I've ordered from them before several times with no problem but not that dollar amount at one time.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

If it is, it must be new as I purchased from the a couple months ago and didnt need to provide my DL

Super Moderator

If you are buying black powder from them, I think they require it.

Boolit Master

I’ll seriously consider giving it to them when they have primers on sale for $30 per thousand with no maximum quantity.

Boolit Master
    yup
    I remember a long time ago I had to send photo copy of dl to mid south I think it was before they would ship powder and primers. its nothing new, they need proof I guess to be sure your an adult

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    yup
    I remember a long time ago I had to send photo copy of dl to mid south I think it was before they would ship powder and primers. its nothing new, they need proof I guess to be sure your an adult
    That rings a bell. I didn't play or order from them because of that.

Moderator Emeritus

I think Powder Valley did the same thing a number of years ago when I was living in NJ if that makes any kind of difference.

Boolit Grand Master

Jeff at GI Brass is the only one ive sent this info to and only because i talked to him on the phone directly

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I placed an order with them a year ago this past May (i.e. 16 months ago) - I had to send them a scan of my drivers license. I sent it and didn't give it a second - they obviously have a liability in selling BP on line and want the info for their records. Think about it - you gp to most Doctor's/Medical Centers and what do they want? Your Insurance Cards and a photo I.D. What do you hand them? Your Insurance Card and your Drivers ince - which they scan into their records. A person or business takes your check - many want to see your Drivers License and it gets recorded on the check so if it is bad - they can at least track you down and, if necessary, go after you for writing a bad check. And, in case you don't realize it - many stat's DMVs actually sell your information. Welcome to the real world . . . .

Boolit Master
    All items Over $500.00 that is there new thing.
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Online fraud is huge. I expect a phone call from suppliers on any order $800 or more. I ordered Milwaukee's largest Rotohammer and the fellow who called said 7 out of 10 orders for that tool were fraud. Don't know that it's legal but I had to send DL for a refrigerator or they wouldn't ship.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I think Powder Valley did the same thing a number of years ago when I was living in NJ if that makes any kind of difference.
    I think they did that to me years ago. I think that was age verification. It was long before the recent difficulties.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 09-12-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    If they are going to ask for that type of information, they should offer a secured server, like is used with credit cards.

Banned
    this has something to do with it Simply put, the American Families Plan calls for banks and other financial institutions to report more than just a taxpayer’s interest earned, capital gains and losses. Banks and other financial institutions would also be required to report “aggregate account outflows and inflows.” In other words, the IRS will know about all of your bank accounts, whether you earned income on that account or not, how much is in the account in a given year, and how much was transferred in and out of the account. It is unclear how this would work, but what is clear is that this new reporting obligation will create a massive compliance effort on the part of financial institutions, and eliminate a massive blindspot that the IRS is currently enduring.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ and it will also contribute to many people's incentive to save money, invest money - not to mention the increase in "cash only" business transactions to avoid having to report income. Not long ago, and I can't remember the figures - I heard the figures on how much "cash only" transactions - this included sales, business transactions AND wages - and the figures were staggering - that occur in just Southern California alone in order to avoid the high waves in that state - and much of it was occurring within the illegal immigrant communities - the same communities that are using the state's "freebie entitlement programs".

Funny how so many politicians - who are on the take themselves - want to keep putting more and more regulations in place - they want people to invest in the economy yer want to increase the capital gains tax - want to put the death tax back in place - all so they can take more and more money out of the honest taxpayer's pocket.

Maybe it's about time the politicians be called on the carpet to PAY BACK to the taxpayers all of the money they have wasted? Maybe we could start with the billions of dollars of taxpayer's money tied up in the military equipment that the Biden Administration abandoned in Afghanistan and gave to terrorist organizations? The other day Biden gave his Civid speech and emphasized how people had to get it and that it is "FREE". Sorry Biden - you lied - nothing in life is free - the vaccine is paid for BY THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER.

All of the information gathering that is required by the government - which puts a greater burden on all businesses - serves just one goal - they can dig their hand deeper into the American Taxpayer's pocket. Unfortunately, politicians never learned the lesson that "if you cut down the pear tree, good luck the next time you are hungry and there are no pears".

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by starnbar View Post
    this has something to do with it Simply put, the American Families Plan calls for banks and other financial institutions to report more than just a taxpayer’s interest earned, capital gains and losses. Banks and other financial institutions would also be required to report “aggregate account outflows and inflows.” In other words, the IRS will know about all of your bank accounts, whether you earned income on that account or not, how much is in the account in a given year, and how much was transferred in and out of the account. It is unclear how this would work, but what is clear is that this new reporting obligation will create a massive compliance effort on the part of financial institutions, and eliminate a massive blindspot that the IRS is currently enduring.
    I am an American living in France. The US government requires the French bank, where I have accounts to report my financial information to the US government. The government has got Americans under a microscope wherever you are.

Boolit Master

not unusual.....MidSouth shooters supply did require a drivers license photo copy to be on file when ordering powder and primers. to
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Master

That new requirement must be why the latest scam has come out. I get several messages a week saying "We cannot ship your order without you contacting us" at some suspicious email address with no other information. Since I have no outstanding orders it is an obvious phishing scheme for personal information.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    I HAVE bought black powder from them, and they didn't even ask for my DL number.

Boolit Master

my latest message "Mehdi with, you package is ready for pick up: " 0m4q.club/c8GnqzP

Feel free to respond. I'm sure its my box of cash from the Nigerian prince which I'll gladly split with you for a slight fee.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    I buy it by the case, have never been asked for license.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast