Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thinking about a new Rossi 92 .357

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
    There are many references to Steve’s Guns. If they functioned so well, he wouldn’t be famous in the Rossi 92 circle of owners
    I think these new guns are going to hurt Steves business, I have three of the new CBC guns and they are very nice for everyday general use. From what I've seen you can't really compare them to guns made 10 years ago.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me I am that fool.

Steve's video would have saved me lots of time on the first two Rossis that I worked on. The next one after the video was much easier. Once fitted and polished, they are great shooters. I hope that the CBC product is better. A new gun should work in my opinion, all the older Rossis that I've been around had issues.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    All three of my CBC guns are great, they operate easy and smooth. A friend of mine has one that is just as slick as mine are. My old interarms puma was horrible till I polished it up and changed out the springs, even after that it's not as good as the new ones I've had my hands on. From what I read CBC took over rossi in 2015, re-tooled and started building rifles in 2017.
    Last edited by r80rt; 10-02-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Boolit Master

The few Rossi's I've seen have been good rifles, they functioned and shot well and looked good. I don't think I'd have a problem owning one.

There was some mention of the Henry rifles, on a lark I pulled up their website. Ohmygosh!!! If you haven't checked them out lately, you need to!

https://www.henryusa.com/henry-rifles-and-shotguns/
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah, Henry's are pricey, and to my eye they are ugly as well.

Boolit Master
    with many of the stock out of the box Rossi's you have to pay attention to bullet profile and OAL. I only shoot 1 bullet in my Rossi 45 colt, mp 454640. it works perfectly. I had heard that rossi hired Steve as consultant to show them how to slick the guns up during manufacturing. I guess some get done better than others.
    I have an old pre safety 357 and it is very picky what will feed well. Ive settled with the 358156 seated to the top groove in 357 brass and it works perfectly. with some other bullet profiles I have to use 38spl brass. I have a new mp 360640 I have yet to try because the 358156 works so well and with gas check I can push them as fast as a jacketed bullet with no worries.
    Last edited by farmbif; 10-11-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    My Marlin 94 was the pickest rifle I ever saw with OAL and bullet profile. In my .45 Rossi I use the Lee 255 RF and in .357's I use the Lee 158 RF, both work perfectly in my rifles.
    Last edited by r80rt; 10-11-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    And my Remlin 1894 is just the opposite, it has digested anything I have tried, even full wadcutters. My Rossi (about 2000 vintage)hates just about everything except for the 158rnfp in 38 special cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
    There are many references to Steve’s Guns. If they functioned so well, he wouldn’t be famous in the Rossi 92 circle of owners

FWIW:

When the Rossi M-92'2 were first made, many years ago (and for several years later), they all had manufacturing issues which Steve started to address as a business.

As their popularity expanded, so did Steve's business - which eventually led to Taurus/Rossi contracting him to advise them on production changes, so they could improve their Model 92's, thus reducing their warranty work.

Ergo, the Rossi M-92's made after his suggested manufacturing upgrades were much improved over the earlier versions, with most owners of newer M-92's only adding the usual suspects to their guns ( different sights, receiver internal adjustments, etc), beside other personal mods like shortening magazine tubes, buttstock pads, whatever.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    Steve's advice was good, there is a world of difference between my old interarms and my new CBC rifles. All my new ones are sporting Steve's safety replacement plugs and his stainless magazine springs and followers.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Well, EAA is now importing a nice BHP clone so there is competition for my scarce fun money. I suppose whichever one the fun store gets in first is what I will go with!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Anybody have experience with the current Rossi 92 .357? I'm about to call the fun store and order one but want to see what your experiences are.
    I had one. I wanted a fun range levergun but for some reason it never felt right. It worked but it felt and looked... cheap?

Sold it and got a 120 years old Winchester 30-30 takedown instead. A different world.

I shoot a Marlin 1895 SBL quite a bit, a lighter lever is nice to have. But not Rossi Sorry.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Awesome! Unfortunately all my fun money has evaporated until next year.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234