RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have the Arsenal 225-61 Grain "Elvis" and 225-77 "Elvis" Molds?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    ammunition noun
    Save Word

To save this word, you'll need to log in.
    am·​mu·​ni·​tion | \ ˌam-yə-ˈni-shən
    \
    Definition of ammunition

1a : the projectiles with their fuses, propelling charges, or primers fired from guns
    b : cartridges
    c : explosive military items (such as grenades or bombs)
    2 : material for use in attacking or defending a position

No mention of funny shaped things made out of lead.
    With no intent to disagree with you (I don't), but oft times the law creates their own definitions. Not germane to our "off in the weeds" discussion, but in the state of Florida and in regards to the possession of ammunition by a convicted felon (violent or nonviolent) a piece of brass, a primer, a bullet (cast or jacketed) and powder are each and all considered AMMUNTION. I unfortunately have a child who routinely visits my home who engaged in a nonviolent activity, So I must jump through ridiculous hoops to ensure all of my reloading components are under lock and key except when under my direct control in the highly unlikely chance some over zealous officer or prosecutor decides to make an issue over otherwise innocent stuff lying around. You have no idea what a PIA it is trying to keep track of every component and make sure they are locked away.

Fortunately lead ingots haven't been tagged as ammunition, YET.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Man
    That would be fantastic.
    I'm mainly interested in the heavier 223 bullets that I can cast at home.
    I already have someone kind enough to volunteer to send me some "Elvis style lead alloy ingots" that just happen to be round, tapered on one end that also just happen to weigh 61 grains.

If the" AFT" want to try and prosecute me for sending a small amount of cast bullets to someone after this, good luck because I'll be doing it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Archangel, I don't have that particular mold, but I do have an MP 227 75 grain mold that is a similar design. It takes a gas check and weighs about 70 grains in my alloy. I can send you a few that are powder coated and checked, sized to .225-.226 if you'd like.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel2003 View Post
    That would be fantastic.
    I'm mainly interested in the heavier 223 bullets that I can cast at home.
    I already have someone kind enough to volunteer to send me some "Elvis style lead alloy ingots" that just happen to be round, tapered on one end that also just happen to weigh 61 grains.

If the" AFT" want to try and prosecute me for sending a small amount of cast bullets to someone after this, good luck because I'll be doing it anyway.
    My sentiments exactly. I am not nor plan to be in the business of selling boolits. If I choose to recoup the cost of my alloy and gas checks, that is my interest. That does not constitute "Being in Business". I would not be seeking profit. This thread is going down a rabbit hole that it is unnecessary. Lets all relax, smile, and help where we can.

Boolit Master
    Does anyone actually cast for these and can give us some information on these bullets/molds, or are we going to stay off topic the entire thread?

I am interested in the 61 as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    Thank you so much shell70634 for sending me a batch of the Elvis 61 grain projectiles.
    They sure are a pretty sight.
    I finally ordered the last 3 sizer dies I need from MidSouth Shooters Supply last weekend, the .356, for the 9mm, the .358 for the 38 SPL & 357 Magnum, and the .224, but as of Sunday, today, they still list them as ready to ship!

BTW, if anyone is interested, I have been finding 22WMR at the local Walmart for the past few weeks, and it seems like the shelf gets restocked with a fresh pile of boxes every week.
    It's CCI in the 50 round plastic box for $11, but the same round in the 125 count cardboard milk jug is $24, and that's only $9 per 50, AND BOTH ARE AT THE PRE-PANDEMIC PRICES!!!
    The limit is 3 boxes so I grab 375 rounds every time I go and it's on the shelf.
    Occasionally all I find is 1 or 2 of the $11 boxes, but get them anyway as we never know when the fountain will run dry.
    I always say if, but really feel it's more like a when, the SHTF hits, the rimfire rounds will be the most difficult to remanufacture so feel we all should be trying to stock up.
    That is why I started reloading and collecting everything I need to reload every caliber I own.
    It seems the only choke points are the powder and the primers.
    Last edited by archangel2003; 09-19-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel2003 View Post
    Thank you so much shell70634 for sending me a batch of the Elvis 61 grain projectiles.
    They sure are a pretty sight.
    I finally ordered the last 3 sizer dies I need from MidSouth Shooters Supply last weekend, the .356, for the 9mm, the .358 for the 38 SPL & 357 Magnum, and the .224, but as of Sunday, today, they still list them as ready to ship!

BTW, if anyone is interested, I have been finding 22WMR at the local Walmart for the past few weeks, and it seems like the shelf gets restocked with a fresh pile of boxes every week.
    It's CCI in the 50 round plastic box for $11, but the same round in the 125 count cardboard milk jug is $24, and that's only $9 per 50, AND BOTH ARE AT THE PRE-PANDEMIC PRICES!!!
    The limit is 3 boxes so I grab 375 rounds every time I go and it's on the shelf.
    Occasionally all I find is 1 or 2 of the $11 boxes, but get them anyway as we never know when the fountain will run dry.
    I always say if, but really feel it's more like a when, the SHTF hits, the rimfire rounds will be the most difficult to remanufacture so feel we all should be trying to stock up.
    That is why I started reloading and collecting everything I need to reload every caliber I own.
    It seems the only choke points are the powder and the primers.
    Would love to hear your feedback on these bullets after you get a chance to load and unload them.

Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    Would love to hear your feedback on these bullets after you get a chance to load and unload them.

I know this is an older thread, But no one answered the REAL question! Some casters come along later and see this thread, like myself, and still wonder...? For those who have and used these cast boolits, what are your thoughts and opinions of them in your AR's and bolt action rifles? TIA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12