Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationADvertise here
RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading UKMidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New box?

Boolit Master

New box?

Not sure how to do this; I have a BUNCH of stuff that I am not using. Would like to throw it all into a box or two, and send it on. How do I go about this?
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

If you are willing to pay the postage, list the items as a “Pay It Forward. (PIF). Start a post with PIF in the title. List the items that you will place in the box. You can either award it to the first requester, or set a date and choose a winner from all that have requested it. Then you ship to them, they take what they want, then add item and repost.

Or if you would like reimbursement (even postage) list it as a sale item and a sale ends the deal. No PIF. Deal over.

Hope this helps. PM if you have questions.
    Sam Sackett

Boolit Master

Thanks, Sam. This will take awhile to compile, but should be worth it.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

Good luck and Thanks for your generosity.

Sam Sackett

Yes, very generous of you, indeed!

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Master

Could I suggest that it be a one-time PIF and not a traveling PIF? Continuing PIFs seem to end up causing problems. Setting it up as a drawing would also be better in my humble opinion. More fair to the interested rather than fair to the fastest keyboard commandos.

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    Could I suggest that it be a one-time PIF and not a traveling PIF? Continuing PIFs seem to end up causing problems. Setting it up as a drawing would also be better in my humble opinion. More fair to the interested rather than fair to the fastest keyboard commandos.

To which specific "problems" do you refer Kemosabe?

Isn't a random award of the box at the end of the month to one of the "I'll take it" responders a de facto drawing?

Problems I’ve seen, include, folks putting junk in the box and removing all the good stuff. A handful of brass or a sampling of bullets isn’t worth as much as folks reckon it is. That said I have gotten a few much appreciated items from a box. A bullet puller, and an old timer 143 knife come to mind.

Course there is always the problem of folks that disappear when the box is sent to them. Either they do it intentionally, or they honestly forget. Either way the result is a box full of by that time “junk” bringing hard feelings amongst members.

I’d be game to go on another box, if it had items I needed. I have decent stuff to put back in. I’d rather see the items being given on the pif or helping hands section though personally.