WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Rcbs

Banned

Rcbs

my son just got this one RCBS RCll same as the A2 or earlier version of the RC?

Boolit Buddy

Mid to late 80s version of the Rockchucker, I have one purchased in '87 or early '88. Not an A2 or original RC (have one of those as well) but still a great press.

Boolit Master
    I finally drank the green Kool-Aid in '95 and bought an RC II. It's still as strong and tight as my original '65 Lyman Spartan press but it IS NOT an A2.

(Only meaning that with nominal care my RC II is fully as good as any other iron press even tho it tosses spent primers around like confetti.)

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    ......meaning that with nominal care my RC II is fully as good as any other iron press even tho it tosses spent primers around like confetti.)
    I got tired of that RCII "feature" and used a McDonalds drink straw in the ram slot. (not that original) THEN I got some epoxy putty, some vaseline, a .357 case, and a drill....and made a simple primer ejector that dumps every primer straight into a bucket below the bench. I quit using the presses priming arm 20 years before that. Bench primers much better.

How to video below:

If I was starting today, with what I know now, I'd buy A Rebel, and a Lee APP on the side. Heck I'm tempted anyway....

Midsouth has this sale on rockchuckers and Rebels....and the Rebel Kit is cheaper than the RockChucker kit ($390)......and it has a spent primer hole through the ram, and is heavier than the R.C. and taller for good for anything under .50 cal.

Attachment 288543

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/000449251/rebel-master-reloading-kit
    Last edited by GWS; 09-12-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Bought a primer catcher for my RCII off Ebay that directs spent primers down a plastic tube works great, clean, and spent primers go straight into a large plastic jar I cap with a lid.