RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, September 11

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, September 11

Good morning all. Never forget. Have a safe and blessed day.

Saturday, September 11, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Finding Shelter

“Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty”
    —Psalm 91:1

As we observe the 20th anniversary of 9/11, many of us can remember that day so clearly. We can visualize where we were and recall what we were doing when we stopped to watch our televisions. In stunned silence, we witnessed the first, and then the second, tower of the World Trade Center collapse in a heap of rubble.

In the forefront of our minds was the shock of Is this really happening? But in the background was the disquiet of What does this mean for the future? The realization that our borders were not impenetrable, our defenses were not impregnable, and our nation was not invulnerable was an eye-opening experience for many of us.

I visited what was being called “Ground Zero” only days after this horrific and senseless attack. I stood in absolute amazement at the spot where the mighty twin towers of the World Trade Center once stood and watched the smoke billow from the mass of destruction. It was all so surreal and incredibly sad.

On September 11, 2001, God allowed in the life of a nation what He so often allows in the lives of individuals: tragedy. I wish I could tell you that tragedy only strikes in the life of the godless, but we know the godly also suffer. Why does God allow tragedy?

Of course, there are no easy answers to this question. But I do believe that one reason is because suffering peels away the veneer of self-sufficiency in our lives. It melts away the pretense that we don’t need help. It reminds us that we need God. C. S. Lewis wrote, “Pain removes the veil; it plants the flag of truth within the fortress of a rebel soul.”

It may come as a surprise to some people that the Bible does not promise a life that is free from suffering. But it does promise the presence of God for the person who believes. The Bible promises that God will help us through that suffering if we allow Him to.

Thinking back to the events of 9/11 and the days that followed, we were barely beginning to understand that a whole new kind of battle had begun. It was at that time that the phrase “War on Terror” was coined. More than a military conflict, though it includes that, the war we now face is a war of ideas, a war of beliefs.

You see, fear is what gives terrorism its teeth. And today, we have no shortage of things to fear: The fear of suffering, the fear of death, the fear of an uncertain future—all these dissipate when we turn our focus to God. The Bible says that perfect love casts out fear and that God is this perfect love. God removed the sting of death and gained victory over the terror of the grave more than 2,000 years ago when He sent His Son to die on the cross.

Let me direct your attention to another “911” that our country can turn to in times of urgency: Psalm 91:1, “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty” (NLT). The psalmist goes on to say, “He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God and I trust him" (verse 2 NLT). May we, as a nation, find safety and refuge in the shelter of the Almighty as we trust in Him.

And let’s not forget to pray for the comfort of those who lost loved ones 20 years ago.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, We have a refuge in our most High God!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Great message . Thank you .
    No turning back , No turning back !