Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners

Thread: Ishapoor .308 retest

Boolit Master

Ishapoor .308 retest

Back in 2005 I picked this up from a friend, with a bulge in the barrel looked like the troop tried to shoot a patch out of the barrel. Starmmetal pointed me to a replacement barrel, which worked well. After I fired it on target, I put it in the safe, but yesterday got it out to see how it fares (if needed). I opened a sealed can of Korean 1955 150 grain hardball. Not so good, strung vertically 7.5 inches @ 100 yards. Tried a load put together for another rifle, 175 grain Sierra Matchking, 44 grains Scot 4065. Better, 3 shots in 4.3 inches @ 100 yards. Then, TINS, 3 shots in 1.5 inches @ 300 yards. 4 inches right and 4 inches above POA. This is the best iron sight group I have ever shot.
    I will be 81 next month, used mild reading glasses to see the sights, and the target was a 100 yard bull which looked like a flyspeck at 300 yards.
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Nice!!

I tried to paper patch with mine, but found I had some excessive headspace. I switched to a regular lubed cast boolit using Unique. I found some “large” brass supposedly shot in a machine gun. I never fully resized it and only use a Lee collet neck die from the start.

I also added a Williams peep sight on the rear.

I can shoot that thing all day ay 100yd steel plates and still have my shoulder! Fun to shoot too when the black rifle boys show up and snicker at my relic.

Should get mine out tomorrow