Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Primers and Powder?

Boolit Buddy
    Here's where I check:

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...topic.4034059/

(You'll need to go to the last page.)

Youtube, God, Family and Guns Channel.

According to them we are 2 years behind in Nato ammo stocks.
    So the powder and primers are going into nato ammo for the big manufacturers. Leaving only a few small independants to produce ammo we want.

I don't see this going away any time soon.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

"
    According to them we are 2 years behind in Nato ammo stocks.
    So the powder and primers are going into nato ammo for the big manufacturers. Leaving only a few small independants to produce ammo we want.

I don't see this going away any time soon."

I wonder how much NATO ammo Biden&Co. just gave away.

Since Biden and cronies are in good standing with the Chinese - can we start getting primers and ammo from them???

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Have you guys not banned the importation anything firearm related from China? We get the ammo and firearms but I don't recall ever seeing Chinese made primers.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master
    Primers are starting to show up at retail outfits. I have seen Remington, CCI and Winchester recently. Prices are from .05 to .07 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    Primers are starting to show up at retail outfits. I have seen Remington, CCI and Winchester recently. Prices are from .05 to .07 each.
    That is good news. We will see how prices fall into place up here. Hopefully we will se a supply of Russian and Eiropean primers come in tp keep prices down. Time will tell.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Grand Master
    Clinton banned Chicom firearms importation, but I don't know about ammunition or components.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    just went through the out of stock primers on powder valley
    seems the new normal is going to be $60-$95/1000

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    Maybe where you are.

This isn't the longest drought in my lifetime, (well it would be if I were 100 years old). During WW2 the civilian market went without any ammo, primers or components for FOUR YEARS. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. This was why Fred Huntigton started swging bullets from .22 rimfire cases. (They were still copper then, not brass.)
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    my father was lucky buddy worked at savage (utica ny) in the shoot gallery testing loads
    during ww2 brought home ammo every week

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    just went through the out of stock primers on powder valley
    seems the new normal is going to be $60-$95/1000
    A local shop had some for $14.99 a hundred. Passed them up.

I really find it hard to believe that the new gun owners have jumped right in to reloading and caused the shortages. I chalk it up to the political climate and material and labor disruptions caused by Covid. Also, the increased demand for loaded ammunition from shooters old and new have caused the components to go to the commercial ammo companies rather than us reloaders. Yes, the new normal for primers will be $60-100/1000 when they are finally available.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    I really find it hard to believe that the new gun owners have jumped right in to reloading and caused the shortages. I chalk it up to the political climate and material and labor disruptions caused by Covid. Also, the increased demand for loaded ammunition from shooters old and new have caused the components to go to the commercial ammo companies rather than us reloaders. Yes, the new normal for primers will be $60-100/1000 when they are finally available.
    I agree with you, up to a point. I find it hard to believe that the NEW gun owners are the cause of the ammo shortage. YES, the new owners probably DID buy a box or two of ammo when they bought the gun, and they may have visited a shooting range and burned up some of that ammo, but it's a safe bet that MOST of them simply lost interest after that and have not bought another box of ammo since.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I have already gone to air rifles for plinking and fun shooting. Many benefits, but not for everyone. Some folks like recoil, noise and a resounding clunk when hitting steel. Then there people who love to clean/prep brass, cast/lube bullets and reload. Air guns are not fun if those are important needs.

I really enjoy mine, but I went with PCP’s and they are effortless. It is pleasant not to need hearing protection on those hot days.

My primer inventory is going to last a lot longer and I can keep shooting at a significant reduction in cost and time “wasted” reloading and casting. The majority of plinking I do does not require 125-200 gr bullets at 1000 fps.
    Yes the joys of air rifle. I shoot a springer wearing a T-shirt during winter in the comfort of my basement. I love watching the hole appeared in the target.

It does not surprise me given that 50 round boxes of 9mm were selling for 80 to 120$ at the time.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    It does not surprise me given that 50 round boxes of 9mm were selling for 80 to 120$ at the time.
    Yep. But 9mm is now down to about $35/box. Those new gun buyers will get 3 or 4 boxes and think they are well prepared and stop buying. Prices will continue to fall as demand drops and supply increases.

And once the shelves are flush with ammunition, we will see primers coming back on stream. Companies will keep producing as quickly as possible until things return to normal.

One other thing I have been pondering. I suspect QC is taking a back seat to production, and that will continue for the near future. I plan on buying primers to restore my inventory but will wait about 6-12 months after there are plenty of primers on the shelf and plants are not pushing out anything that will sell.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    How do you explain the shortage of reloading equipment??? It's starting to get better but Dillon is still 12-18 months out on pistol dies.

Powder has been available quite a bit if you're fast. Same for primers.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    How do you explain the shortage of reloading equipment??? It's starting to get better but Dillon is still 12-18 months out on pistol dies.

Powder has been available quite a bit if you're fast. Same for primers.
    No, powder is not available. Not the kind that I use anyhow, and I've not been able to find primers anywhere. I've stopped even looking. If I run across some at a gun show, I will buy some, but I done checking with the on-line suppliers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast