Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise here
RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading UK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black verses 20 ga Sh-Sh slug

Boolit Master
    I just jumped into Double Rifle World (470 NE) and read that TKO was a created by Taylor mostly for missed brain shots when hunting elephants. Enough TKO and the animal goes down from the power, a sledgehammer effect. Even when you miss the brain.

Back to 20 slugs, I will try cutting these wads for now. Can't get real 20 brush wads, got something else coming from Siarm now though.

Boolit Master
    Regarding this nearly similar Svarog mold, I have to take some of my words back.

This mold just needed half a dozen casting sessions to break in, now it fills and gives good slugs after 300 castings or so. I did the usual Brakekleen / Fairy cleanup twice, maybe a few heat cyclings would have helped?

Anyway, it is working nice and easy now. Even the pin often drops by itself .

AS molds look just like Svarog, I wonder if they actually are the same? My wide band AS is coming anyway.

Boolit Grand Master

Those are looking nice!

Not sure I've seen your slugs naked before, they are usually bright colours.

On a somewhat different note... I'm curious about accuracy comparison of these slugs using screw on brush wads versus the plug in Azot wads.

Have you compared accuracy of both side by side? Assuming you have both styles of mould.

Longbow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12