Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Another passing of someone

Boolit Master

Another passing of someone

Someone passed away yesterday. She was not known by many, yet, she was married to a well known person.
    She was a silent, yet strong force in his life. She was there for 56 years. She took care of him, she supported him, yet never took the limelight, nor wanted it. She was known by those of us who knew them, as his best friend, and strongest supporter, and protector.
    She gave him a child,, yet they lost that son a few years ago.

I knew her, and her famous husband. My Dad was his first manager.

So, today, I shed tears for his loss, and pray for his comfort.

Ronnie Milsap's wife Joyce passed away yesterday.

RIP Joyce Milsap.

Mods; I put this here to share with members who may not check the other sections, and since the Milsaps aren't members here. I hope it's not inappropriate.

R.I.P., Joyce. Condolences to the family.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear. Prayers sent. R.I.P.

Boolit Master

May she rest well...
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    may she live in the house of the lord forever.
    if your dad was the late great Jack D Johnson he's right there with her

Prayers for the Milsap family. I have always enjoyed his music and he's a class act. A sad loss.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

I always got Charlie Pride and Ronnie Milsap confused. When I was around 7 or 8, I would spend my weekends at my grandparent's retirement cabin in the Idaho woods. They would listen to country music albums and grandma always would point out that one was blind and one was black when she put on a Charlie Pride or Ronnie Milsap record.

Pretty sure they were one of the founders of the White Guilt movement...

Anyway, I like both of their music and my first thought on hearing Ronnie Milsap's name was that he was a famous country singer from the 70's. I had to Google his name to realize that he was blind.

This was probably my favorite song of his...

"Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

My mom and dad liked him a lot and saw him in concert at least once. I like most of his music. I am sorry for his loss. Losing a loved one is never easy.

Banned

I read this a couple of days ago. It seems they lost a son who was relatively young a few years ago too.

They have always sounded like classy people, and had a good, long term marriage. Sorry to hear this, I hope it doesn't destroy his will to make good music.

Boolit Master
    Many thanks for the kind thoughts & prayers for Ronnie. Joyce was buried quietly yesterday, in a small family service.

No, my Dad wasn't Jack Johnson. My Dad met Ronnie when he was young & trying to break into the music industry. Joyce was already with him.

The post about Ronnie & Charlie was fun. Charlie had made it & was a headliner. Ronnie was up & coming, and was an opening act for Charlie for a few tours. If you get a copy of "Ronnie Milsap Live" his version of "Kawaligia" (spelling,, sorry) puts both Charlie & Hank to shame. But Ronnie & Charlie were friends.

But most don't know how much Joyce was behind Ronnie & his success. Yet, she didn't want the limelight. But she was a solid "rock" for Ronnie,, and he even called her his "Sapphire."
    Their son Todd died a few years ago due to heart issues,,, at a young age of 49. But Ronnie & Joyce have wonderful grandchildren.

For those of us fortunate to know Joyce,, we saw how much she loved him, and he truly loved her. In his public statement about her death, he says; "If you hear my songs, know they were all about her."
    That's why you can feel his heart in his songs.

So I again, thank all who have wished Ronnie the best & added him to their prayers. For my small part,,, I smile knowing how much Ronnie loved her, and how good she was. Heaven has another angel.

Boolit Grand Master

RIP Ms Joyce!