Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: 6.5x55 Lee Loader Chart

Boolit Master

6.5x55 Lee Loader Chart

I need a copy of the load data chart from a Lee Loader in 6.5x55 Swedish mauser. I have one in a red plastic box but it did not come with the load data. Help? james

Boolit Grand Master
    I don’t see that caliber on their list. I wonder what powder(s) it was “calibrated” for… you could reverse engineer from the #on the dipper if you knew that.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swede1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	288381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swede2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	288382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swede3.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	288383
    First 3 pages from LEE's 2nd edition manual
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swede4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	288384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swede5.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	288385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swede6.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	288386
    last 3 pages from the LEE Manual.
    The book data is old so start with the starting loads and work up to the loads you want.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master
    TNsailorman, what I would do at this point is see which of these loads (at lower end) would come from the dipper that was included with your kit. Then you can sort of reconstruct the data for your card. Not a very good answer to your question but at least a work around. Still wishing you good luck and hoping the actual card will turn up somewhere.

Regards,
    Froggie

Boolit Master

Thanks for the help guys. But what I am trying to find is an actual copy of the load data chart that came with the loader or a copy of it. I have been reloading since the late 50's and I know how to measure loads from the dipper to come up with a home made chart but I just wanted a cop or an original to go with the set which will be going to my grandson as he has a 6.5x55 rifle I gave him several years ago. I have been trying to find a original or a copy of an original for at least 5 years now with little success. I was just hoping someone would have an original data sheet and would be willing to copy it for me. james

I have a Tikka 6.5x55. My loading dies are Lee, with the collet neck sizer. My dies are fairly new. How can I help you? Do you mean like this?Attachment 288387

Boolit Master

Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master
    I have a 2009 dated chart from a set I bought when I learned they were dropping that caliber. I'll try to get a good copy on some heavy card stock, and send it to you. I hope your grandson likes loading on the Lee, I know they got me hooked with this terrible addiction.

Boolit Master

Success! Gewehr-Guy has what I was looking for and he is going to take care of me. I sincerely appreciate the advice and help provided by bruce drake, Dom, dsh1106, and Green Frog. This site has never let me down and I have been on here a long time. Best gun site period in my opinion.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr-Guy View Post
    I have a 2009 dated chart from a set I bought when I learned they were dropping that caliber. I'll try to get a good copy on some heavy card stock, and send it to you. I hope your grandson likes loading on the Lee, I know they got me hooked with this terrible addiction.
    G-G, are you a member of the Lee Owners Forum? If yes, it would be great if you would also post a copy there since this is such a hard to find Model (obviously!). If no, could you post one here or send me one so I can add it, please?

TIA~Froggie

Boolit Master
    No, not a member, but I'll check it out. Send me a PM with an address and I'll send you a copy of an old and newer load card.

Boolit Master

I just want to Thank Gewehr-Guy publicly for the load charts he provided me. I have been hunting for over 5 years now to find those charts and he very graciously made copies of both and mailed them to me. I have contacted Lee 3 times and received the same reply 3 times, Sorry but we do not keep copies of discontinued load data charts. The Lee Owners site has quite a few charts but not the 6.5x55 Swedish mauser. I cut the load data chart out, glued it onto a piece of file folder and trimmed it to the correct size. Looks great and should last longer than I will. It will do my grandson just fine. I keep saying it because it is true, this is the greatest bunch of guys in reloading. Thanks Gewehr-Guy, james