Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What clear containers do you store your brass and boolits in?

Boolit Master

Four (4) 4-drawer filing cabinets (LOAD Test) in the 2nd floor reloading room work for me (may not be sufficient for those with more than 16 calibers), steel ammo cans in the shed for brass (not shown), and "miscellaneous" in an assortment of containers from sandwich meats, spaghetti sauce, mayo, peanut butter, and pretzels, to name a few on a shelf at eye level.

If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Mr Sheesh, yes I could. I actually have covers on all my cast boolits except that one. I'm kind of leaving it as a gauge. Gives me an idea of how fast they oxidize.

Anytime my wife is removing older food storage containers with snap top lids I snap them up and put them to work.

Squach1 yes, more about my health than theirs.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Mold
    I also use the round Folgers plastic containers, those square butter containers and anything else like those for cases. I don't cast my own, so, bullets are in the boxes they come in. Hornady, Missouri, etc. I never knew we drank that much coffee!

Boolit Bub
    I use plastic containers I find at garage sales and thrift stores. Quite a collection of Tupperware, etc. HA

Brass is stored in freezer bags, loaded brass is stored the same way but in an ammo can.
    Bullets and buckshot is stored in plastic tubs I get at the dollar store.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00Buck.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	288704
    38lbs of powder coated 00Buck in each

I repurpose the containers that my cats treats come in, they have screw on lids. I also collect Wood Cigar boxes that the nearest Smoke shop saves for me.

Boolit Master

Chinese takeout food containers

the plastic fast food containers work pretty good for small batches, but are a bit weak filled full of lead. the clear plastic nut jars and tennis ball jars are good as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3479.jpg  
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

The Chinese carryout containers that I get are cheap Styrofoam. Good chinese though!

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    My workshop is in desperate need of an update. I'm planning on shelves and I need to organize my brass and boolits better. Could you guys give some pictures and inspiration for me on which direction I should go? I'm mainly trying to figure out which clear containers I can use and label.
    Ziploc bags for brass. Rubber Maid Tall containers for bullets.

ACC

Boolit Master
    For brass I am using the plastic shoe boxs from the dollar store. for boolits I am using some plastic sample containers that i picked up in a yard sale , each one will hold about 250 slugs depending on cal and weight of the slugs. mold number and size are on the top . E Z to see which I need more of.

Boolit Master

Like several others, I use peanut butter jars and square nut jars for boolits. I used to use the tall wide mouth plastic jars that Miracle Whip salad dressing came in. They changed to smaller mouth and now we throw them away.

For brass I use big square containers that construction screws come in. A friend owns a construction supply and always has empties. I also use gallon ice cream buckets and tall Folgers coffee cans. The coffee cans hold almost as much as the ice cream buckets.

The Folgers cans aren't clear but wide blue painters tape and a Sharpie can hold a full description of contents.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    Are use these containers from the dollar tree they stack well they have a nice tight lid best off they’re cheap I keep one of raw as cast powder coated bullets and then another for different sizes and then I put them in a row. They hold quite a lot 5-600 30 cal bullets and like 2000 32 auto bullets lolAttachment 288952. For brass I have 3 gallon buckets with lids(ask any local bakeries to save them for you I get mine for free) and I keep uncleaned brass in one and then cleaned and polished brass in a big 3 drawer divider from walmart

Boolit Buddy

Clear 36oz Milkbone containers with screw on lids, my yellow lab gets the treats and I get the empty container. One will hold 270+ 308 cases, 1k 124gr 9mm bullets, fill with corn cob or walnut media, etc.

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve been using mayonnaise and peanut butter jars for boolits and cat litter jugs for brass.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	289071Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	289072

Boolit Buddy
    We go through a lot of the big jars of peanut M&Ms from Sam's. They work great. Just know a jar full of boolits weighs over 25lbs. Handle with a little care....

all my brass is in medium postal shipping boxed free my tax dollars, and bullets in the standard 500 round size from casters at the shows like 3x2x8 ordered from amazon or somewhere.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234