RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What clear containers do you store your brass and boolits in?

Boolit Master

Five gallon buckets for 9mm, 45 ACP, .223/5.56, 10mm, and 308/7.62 brass. Clear shoe boxes or pretzel jars for the rest.

Boolits...shotshell ammo cans for the most used boolits. Discontinued Sterilite containers for the rest.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tward View Post
    I use Advantus super stackers. They are available on Amazon. They are clear, have a locking top are reinforced and are stackable. Mine are for 4x6 file cards. I find that when full they are as heavy as I choose to lift. I label them on the top and sides. With the top removed you have great access to your boolits.Attachment 288379ps cheaper in quantity on Amazon Tim
    Do you have a link to those boxes at that price?
    NRA Benefactor.

Another + for Temptations jars. Also empty marrowbones dog treats jars. And Cascade dishwasher pod containers. Rectangular with a flip top lid, they stack well. 9mm brass, .40sw brass and .45acp brass are in boxes. Sold as a 25lb box for extremely reasonable prices by my local range. I normally grab about 130 citric acid wash, and accept that there will be some splits, squished or other unusable in there. A citric acid wash clean primer pocket and dry and they are ready to go. They don't look new but they don't have to. And I have no time waiting on tumbling etc. I can have a batch of brass done in an hour. A little time drying and they are ready to be resized, primed and loaded.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    My guess is that that wood storage unit is glued and screwed i.e. you glue the boards and while the glue is still wet, tighten the screws down, makes pretty bomb proof storage furniture. (Clean up excess glue once the screws are tight unless you like doing things the hard way!)

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gmsharps View Post
    These work for me. I had some spare 2x6's from project and made the shelves. Don't have to worry about the shelves bending

gmsharps

Attachment 288376
    I had to comment on that again. Very nice. And with lumber prices as such... A good investment...

Zip lock bags.

But I have 9 of the old blue print cabinets. Almost 4'x3'x3" drawers' and 4 drawers per unit.

THE best tool cabinets you can buy.

They aren't too deep that you get multiple layers of "stuff" piled in each drawer.
    Last edited by 15meter; 09-08-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Whatever WalMArt sells in the way of storage containers! And tons of those Costco screw-lid nut/candy/snack jars as above.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    I use the plastic jugs that mixed nuts and other snacks come in at Costco. Sturdy, can be stacked, see thru, and best of all cheap, (if you don't count the nuts!)
    .......Or count the extra pounds of body fat added by all those snacks!

bangerjim..................guilty as charged!

I store my bullets in card board boxes, mostly from bullet manuf. I store my brass in the large plastic nut containers you see at Costco & such. They stack nicely, hold a decent amount of brass.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    How are you holding those shelves in place? Do only screws in the sides hold all that weight? If so, I might try it.

I put a piece of 3/8 plywood for the back and put screws into the 2x6's . So far no bowing.

gmsharps

I also found some cream cheese storage containers at Big Lots. They were a dollar a piece and hold about 103 to 106 swaged 240 grn. soft point bullets. There are some of the ammo trays from 9mm that fit perfectly into the box for 9mm. with a little foam rubber on top they will work for 380 also. A standard semi wadcutter 38spl is too long although a wadcutter will fit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cream cheese.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	288431
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    Do you have a link to those boxes at that price?
    Best price I’ve found is at Staples, just over $3 each. Still looking for cheaper!

Boolit Buddy
    I found that the empty plastic boxes sold full of .22 magnum and .17 RF Mag. have lids and hold upright exactly fifty lubed .30 caliber bullets of 311284 length. Their preferred habitat is in the trash barrels of any public shooting range.

Bullets I have learned to use cheap food grade plastic storage boxes with snap on lids.

I have 2 of these, one with .30 cal bullets, lubed, the other with .357 bullets, lubed but missing the top.
    They were cast and lubed within a few days of each other.

The bullets in the sealed container although cast 5 years ago look like they were just cast.

The ones in the open container have gotten very dark, and I expect to see white oxidation occurring shortly.

Cast em, lube em, stack them, seal them, forget them. They will be there when you need them.

Walmart has 4 pack for 3$. I suspect they can be found for cheaper than this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rubbermai...-Pack/16664719
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    GhostHawk, you could try adding a "saran wrap" type film to the 357 box and twist it up & tape it to seal it?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Bullets I have learned to use cheap food grade plastic storage boxes with snap on lids.

I have 2 of these, one with .30 cal bullets, lubed, the other with .357 bullets, lubed but missing the top.
    They were cast and lubed within a few days of each other.

The bullets in the sealed container although cast 5 years ago look like they were just cast.

The ones in the open container have gotten very dark, and I expect to see white oxidation occurring shortly.

Cast em, lube em, stack them, seal them, forget them. They will be there when you need them.

Walmart has 4 pack for 3$. I suspect they can be found for cheaper than this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rubbermai...-Pack/16664719
    It doesn't really matter. If they hit something living they are going to give it lead poisoning whether or not they are kept fresh.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Buddy
    All of the previous mentioned items.

In addition, I use Talenti ice cream containers. My kids eat a pint each whenever it’s on sale. Just don’t put them in the dishwasher, it will distort them. Wash them by hand.

Cases are put in rectangular plastic boxes with snap on lids, stacked 4 high. Label in the inside to let me know what brass is in them. All boolits stored in ammo cans stacked 3 high. All this is under my loading bench. Loaded ammo in ammo cans stacked in a closet in the house. Everything is labeled with a paper and scotch taped on the front of the can. If things change, off comes the tape and new label placed on the can. All the brass is prepped and ready to load. All brass from a shooting session is stored in any kind of container labeled so I can keep it separate. Also have 5 gallon buckets of 223, 45, 38, 9mm for backup.

Moderator Emeritus

Used medium and large flat rate boxes from the mail get labelled for brass. Large quantities of older brass get tossed in a plastic bag with a teaspoon of cooking oil, shaken up and tied shut. I believe it reduces corrosion.
    Bullets get put in nut jars, if lubed they get put in quart sip locks if in small quantities. Storage goes in small boxes labelled by caliber.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    The best one's that I have found are nut, and candy containers from Costco. I have been collecting these for years. Nice clear and square containers, put a label on them and your done.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast