MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Wideners
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What clear containers do you store your brass and boolits in?

Boolit Master
    Peanut butter jars and mayo jars for bullets. My last kid left for college, so I won't have so many from now on. My oldest daughter gave me a big box for Christmas, it was full of empty jars she saved! Most practical gift I got , told her to keep them coming !

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I definitely recommend the clearest containers possible. Even with labels, your mind picks up on what’s inside first. Nothing wrong with glass if you are careful. Has anyone seen how you can attach lids underneath a shelf and then screw the jars up into then. The contents are just hanging there for you to see.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I definitely recommend the clearest containers possible. Even with labels, your mind picks up on what’s inside first. Nothing wrong with glass if you are careful. Has anyone seen how you can attach lids underneath a shelf and then screw the jars up into then. The contents are just hanging there for you to see.
    My dad did that with baby food jars in his shed when I was a kid. A whole, 8 foot long row of jars with random nuts and bolts and springs for various things. I still go over there and look through those jars when I need an random nut or spring and I can't find one at the hardware store.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Big Peanut Butter jars & small plastic boxes for bullets.
    MTM & Flambeau cartridge boxes for brass. Big Ziplock baggies for unprocessed range brass.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post

Re bullets... I bought a whole pile of blue, plastic bullet storage boxes from Midway, over a decade back, when they were on Clearance -- to be discontinued (and they were) -- and frankly have not been able to find more. Bion, I have been using the cardboard boxes NOE Moulds came in, and similar, of late...
    BEST!
    geo
    I bought some of those un divided boxes from Midway as well. As you say they quit carring the for a while. I looked a couple months ago and they weree back in a different color so I stocked up. Might want to look back once in a while.

Jim

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I usually store my cast boolits in clear peanut, peanut butter jars - print up labels as to what they are and tape it to the jar. Other containers I sometimes use are the 1 lb. plastic ground coffee jars with the pop on tops - not clear but a nice size and I just tape a label to the outside.

My brass all gets stored in "totes" - the smallest being a "shoe box" size - larger ones for brass I have a good quantity of such as 9mm, .380 acp, 38 spl, 357 and 45 Colt. If I want to segregate any of the brass, I usually put it in a large zip lock freezer bag and then in the tote. It might sound like a lot of brass but after years of picking up range brass, buying larger quantities, etc. - it sort of accumulates and sometimes I swear it reproduces as well! LOL As an example . . . I only got hooked on 223 a couple of years ago - a friend let me shoot his AR - ow I'm not a AR person - I'm more of an old "lever gun" guy, etc. - but I bought a Ruger bolt action 223. Seems like every time I run across brass, there was always a bunch of 223 among it and it wasn't long before I had enough that will outlast me and my lifetime I'm sure - but - I have it just in case I "need" it. LOL The totes stack easily under my loading bench and the boolits in their containers are nearby on shelves - serrated into calibers.

Boolit Buddy
    Plastic flat sided "Friskies Temptations" containers. Those can get to 25-30 pounds when full though.

Boolit Grand Master
    One type I haven’t seen listed is the clear type with screw lid that comes with cut fruit (grapefruit, oranges, etc) holding about a half gallon or so each. With squared off sides they fit and stack well in whatever shelf space is available. Here are a few ready to go to the basement. I sometimes indulge my weakness for mixed nuts in large containers. The coffee “cans” now aren’t, but they can be used if I get desperate.

Froggie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2DDF2D95-75EF-4CBE-9BB1-C536DB86D7FA.jpg  
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rcslotcar View Post
    Plastic flat sided "Friskies Temptations" containers. Those can get to 25-30 pounds when full though.
    My cats also provide these for me to use. They work well and I seem to end up with more each month...
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Master

These work for me. I had some spare 2x6's from project and made the shelves. Don't have to worry about the shelves bending

gmsharps

Attachment 288376

Boolit Master

I use Advantus super stackers. They are available on Amazon. They are clear, have a locking top are reinforced and are stackable. Mine are for 4x6 file cards. I find that when full they are as heavy as I choose to lift. I label them on the top and sides. With the top removed you have great access to your boolits.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F752F8CB-54A4-4EB5-8685-B8F4EA01C2D7.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	288379ps cheaper in quantity on Amazon Tim
    Last edited by tward; 09-07-2021 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Ps

Boolit Master

Nice.

Similar jars to what I use.

Boolit Master
    I use the plastic jugs that mixed nuts and other snacks come in at Costco. Sturdy, can be stacked, see thru, and best of all cheap, (if you don't count the nuts!)
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Buddy
    I use the small plastic flat tubs from lunch meats. Could be a little bigger but they stack great and last a long time.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsharps View Post
    These work for me. I had some spare 2x6's from project and made the shelves. Don't have to worry about the shelves bending

gmsharps

Attachment 288376

How are you holding those shelves in place? Do only screws in the sides hold all that weight? If so, I might try it.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    ULine and TAP Plastics sell the square jugs with large lids I use, tho I do have quite a number I got from cat treats and so on, as well.

Boolit Master
    My needs seem to be different from many, in that for the past few years I've been reloading a lot of 9x19 for action pistol but little else. One main load using one boolit, one powder, one primer.

The boolits are stored in small plastic buckets of ~800 or in small crates of ~3000. Since they're all the same, the only labeling difference is date of production.

I have an obscene amount of 9mm brass. I used to store prepped brass in ZipLok bags of 400, one per reloading session and packed into 5 gallon buckets or plastic storage crates. Then I moved to bags of 1000 stored in big ULine bins. Now I just dump then straight into the buckets. It is labeled by headstamp, though.

gmsharps

Attachment 288376
    I really hate organized people!!!
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master

+1 on Temptations cat treat containers - it seems to be a pretty common size for various other pet treats as well. Clear, square, at about the limit of what you'd want to move when full of lead - it's a pretty good answer.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Grand Master

gmsharps

Attachment 288376
    You did a nice job on that!!!
    Don Verna

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast