WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What clear containers do you store your brass and boolits in?

What clear containers do you store your brass and boolits in?

My workshop is in desperate need of an update. I'm planning on shelves and I need to organize my brass and boolits better. Could you guys give some pictures and inspiration for me on which direction I should go? I'm mainly trying to figure out which clear containers I can use and label.

I reuse my peanut butter jars, perfect sizes and free. hc18flyer

I use the large Utz pretzel jugs along with the large cheese ball jugs for 9mm 40S&W and 45ACP. For 44mag and 38 spl I use bullet trays and boxes. The Plastic bullet boxes, meant for storing and carrying loaded rounds, that close actually retard tarnishing a bit.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Grand Master

I bought a rack of 3, actually 4 of them at walmart for my brass. The draws hold a few thousand each or more depending on the brass
    Sterlite i think they are called. I also bought some small plastic ones with clamplids for lead
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I like to use the clear peanut butter jars for boolits and the quart size yogurt containers for brass

Moderator Emeritus

Re brass, in my case I had soooo many "assorted" plastic containers ranging from cottage cheese to peanut butter -- all over the place -- exacerbating anything one may wish to refer to as a "MESS!" -- added with the difficulty encountered of finding the brass I wanted when needed. It took several years before buying some cardboard boxes (Amazon) dawned on me -- and I'll never look back. I have about sixty labeled boxes in garage, and -- as hoped for -- pretty much any calibre I seek is but a very few minutes away. Within each box, the brass is in Zip-Lock brand bags, each with a 1/2-three by five card having "info" on the respective brass noted. I have a photo attached.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brass storage.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	288352
    Re bullets... I bought a whole pile of blue, plastic bullet storage boxes from Midway, over a decade back, when they were on Clearance -- to be discontinued (and they were) -- and frankly have not been able to find more. Bion, I have been using the cardboard boxes NOE Moulds came in, and similar, of late...
    BEST!
    geo
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 09-07-2021 at 08:12 AM.

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Quart size Ziploc style freezer bags for the bullets and small batches of brass. Write it down on a piece of paper what it is and what state of processing, put the note in the bag, then squeeze the air out, lock it shut. Many of these sealed bags can fit into a large box.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Empty Planters peanut containers.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Master
    Ammo cans, yellow labels are brass white labels are loaded ammo.

Bullets are still a mess, but lots in the boxes that Berry’s and eXtreme bullets come in.

Mostly not clear.

Banner Sponsor

I like the big plastic jars that nuts come in. I have a friend that saves them for me. I just put a piece of wide masking tape on the outside to label them with a sharpie.
    I do like the better stacking organization of all those cardboard boxes though.

Boolit Master

I use these clear PTE flat sided jugs. they can be stacked on their sides or standing up and leave very little wasted space. Various snacks n candies come in them, however I ordered these direct from a supplier so that I could get the sizes that created the least wasted space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3392.jpg  
    Last edited by oley55; 09-07-2021 at 09:14 AM.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

I use plastic Folgers coffee cans for brass. They are not clear but I write the details on the front of them with a sharpie. I have found that PVC cleaner will remove the sharpie without damaging the can if I change the contents.

For bullets, I use the half gallon jugs that coffee creamer comes in. They are not clear either but I write on them with a sharpie. A friends wife saves them for me from work.

Square containers stack better than round ones but a lot of us repurpose containers from foodstuff that we use at home.

Boolit Buddy
    I use the rectangular plastic tubs that WalMart sells potato salad and macaroni salad in.
    They have nice snap-on lids and are as clear as glass, and stack fairly well. They're about 5" tall.
    For boolits, I often use the plastic tubs that Nestle sells Toll House Cookie Dough in. (Also good for PC coating boolits.)
    Last edited by Buck Shot; 09-07-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    I use these clear PTE flat sided jugs. they can be stacked on their sides or standing up and leave very little wasted space. Various snacks n candies come in them, however I ordered these direct from a supplier so that I could get the sizes that created the least wasted space.
    I use these exact same containers. My local Walmart has them for a couple bucks each, so I just started picking up a few every now and then. Now I have a ton.

I keep bullets and cleaned brass in them, and use Avery removable labels on them.

For bulk brass that's dirty or in the process of being cleaned, I use these plastic ammo can containers, also bought from Walmart when I found them on sale.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I usually use plastic containers that nuts come in.. the large 2 quart ones.. occasionally the wide mouth mayo jars. some small run bullets get jam or mason jars. for brass, I generally use ziplock bags.

Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

Nice containers..especially for stacking.

Boolit Master

They’re not clear but I ordered a quantity of 4x4x4 cardboard boxes from Uline.com; the same that commercial casters use. I also got a few 4x4x8 boxes for brass. They’re very strong and stack well.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master

Brass goes in plastic shoe boxes. Boolits are in cardboard boxes for small quantity runs, ammo cans for high usage items.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    I also have a bunch of these stackable Sterilite boxes that I use for in-progress projects. They're convenient, because I can pile a couple hundred cast bullets, or brass, or various baggies of different parts or stuff into them, and put it away. Then I don't have to track down whatever I was working on, it's all in the tub.

I have 3 different sizes, one that's the height of these two stacked, and one that's the same height as these, but two wide, and they're all stackable. I'll stick a removable label on them to remind me what's going on inside (".45 Colt unsized" on slugs, or "9mm win sized untrimmed" on brass, etc).

They're handy for stuff that's in process, because I can take a case from one tub, trim or whatever, and drop it into another, identical bucket, and if I have to stop in the middle they're clearly marked. When I empty a tub I just pull the label off and toss it back in the stack of empty tubs.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast