Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2

Thread: canik pistols

Banned

canik pistols

Anybody got one I shot one at the range friday not a 9mm fan but it seemed to be a well built and solid pistol shot good too.

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Buddy has a handful of them they feel well made from quality parts.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have the TP9SF. (Full size 9mm) . It’s a well built pistol that feels great in the hand and has the best trigger I have ever f felt on a striker fired pistol. Politics aside, the Turks build great guns.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Caniks are good quality copy of the CZ series of handguns.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

A fellow we shoot with a lot bought one and started using it in competition. He liked it and sang it's praises for a while. Before long he started having problems with it including parts breaking. He tried to keep it running but soon went back to shooting his Glocks.

This happened a couple years ago. His Canik was the first I'd even seen and it did get a lot of use. He shoots a match every weekend. Often 2 in a weekend so his Canik got a lot of use but it did go downhill fast.

I did shoot his Canik and it shot and functioned well at the time. Hopefully they are a better made now.
    Chuck

Boolit Mold
    I have a SFx with over 14,000 rounds thru it. It has been a fabulous comp gun in both Open and Carry Optics. I had mine custom cerakoted by Southern Eagle Tactical

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Bret Lawson
    "When you come to the fork in the road, take it."- Yogi Berra

Boolit Master

It seems a lot of models are out of stock. They introduced a new model but I have not seen it in stock anrwhere. I don't own one but most all people are satisfied.

Boolit Grand Master

TP9SFX gun metal gray. I just put a Sig Romeo on it. Only a few hundred rounds but it feels like what I think a budget race gun would be like.

Almost as accurate as my Zenith but with practice, breaking in and finding the right ammo I think it will be and more.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    Caniks are good quality copy of the CZ series of handguns.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    Not exactly.

I have an SFX and an SF. Both are awesome handguns. They just came out with the METE series. I'd like one of those because the rear sight stays on the slide when ya mount an optic.
    NRA Benefactor.

I said a "copy", not an exact "clone". The ergonomics are very similar to the CZ and Tanfoglio handguns. I haven't handled one in several years, but when I did at the SHOT Show, the similarity was pretty obvious, at least from the exterior.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    Not exactly.

I have an SFX and an SF. Both are awesome handguns. They just came out with the METE series. I'd like one of those because the rear sight stays on the slide when ya mount an optic.
    Me too

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    I said a "copy", not an exact "clone". The ergonomics are very similar to the CZ and Tanfoglio handguns. I haven't handled one in several years, but when I did at the SHOT Show, the similarity was pretty obvious, at least from the exterior.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    I have a couple of tanfoglios. Been a fan since I bought a Witness Compact years ago with the true small frame

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I have a couple of tanfoglios. Been a fan since I bought a Witness Compact years ago with the true small frame
    I'm afraid I'm overloaded with Witnesses. I've got full size and Compacts in .22 LR, 9x19, 9x21, 9x23, 9x25, .38 Super, 357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm, .41 AE and .45 acp. Some of the odd calibers I chambered myself, but they are a versatile platform.

I think I'm still listed on the CZ Clone Forum as a moderator, but I have been on there in quite some time..

Hope this helps.

Fred

Boolit Master
    The Caniks are a knock off of the Walther PPQ , lots of the parts inter change. A friend of mine shoots a Canik in USPSA matches and and seems to have miss fires every match.

I like my TPsfx9, don't want to cycle my reloads that shot fine in Ruger PC9, ask the warranty to sent me low-power spring which they did for free and it helped but I still had to up my powder charges.

On my 1st outing on my 4th shot with brand new gun I shot a squib load, without thinking I put another round in the chamber and pulled a trigger. Lab radar registered 600 fps and slide was stuck opened and I couldn't close it. I hammered the slide back only to realize that my barrel had a bulge in the middle! I emailed customer service explained what happened (although I might have omitted the part about shooting hand loads was prepared to drop $$ on the new barrel but they sent me a new barrel for free. Wow, great customer service.

I put Vortex venom red dot on it and was surprised how accurate it shot my Lee 356-120TC bullets with HP38. The gun came optics ready with 4 different mounting plates and it was under $400 online at the time! It also came with 2 factory 20rd magazines!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Vendor Sponsor

I like the Caniks. They respond VERY well to barrel throating to add freebore, I have done a bunch of TPSFX9 barrels, all with very positive comments afterwards.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.