RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data

Thread: Here try this. happy labor day

Banned

Here try this. happy labor day

Ok many of you like myself that have been married 50 plus years aren't really concerned when the little woman makes her weekly jaunt to the grocery store. Every once in awhile something new shows up in the fridge or freezer, used to be I would look it over and my blue tick would sniff it if bella snorted after the sniff test I made a mental note use caution. Well I looked and low and behold a new brand of pizza is in the fridge bella is gone now so I have to rely on what smell and eyesight I have to make a decision. Had the pizza this weekend I normally eat between 3-5 pieces depending on prior intake of an adult beverage while watching NHRA. I had one piece and the little woman disappeared for a short time returning to ask how did you like the pizza? Ok you know the drill and the response hey it was good I am just not that hungry. Today the little woman stated she was headed to the grocery again because some of the kids are coming over I said how about picking up some more of that pizza you can get a two for one I am sitting in my room by myself the house is so quiet you can hear a pin drop she may not talk to me until tuesday wish I still had bella here with me happy labor day fellas.

Boolit Buddy
    I have much the same results. My wife likes the Chef Boyardee pizza that comes in a box and you mix it up yourself. I add extra toppings and eat it ...like it or not. Most of the frozen ones she brings home are ok. My favorite is from Dominos.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Next year is our 50th anniversary so I guess I can join in on this. My wife makes good pizza - I don't ask how - I just enjoy it. Every once in a while - she'll slip in a new meal that she saw looking at recipes and even if I don't care for it much - there is never a meal that ends that I don't compliment and thank her for.

The old saying goes . . . "don't bite the and that feeds you". LOL In reality I know that if she wasn't
    here, I would probably have to survive on a steady diet of hotdogs. It's not that I can't cook myself as I can, but I probably would not put the effort into it. Even though it's work, she enjoys her trips to the grocery store - probably those "shopping genes" that women have - but before she goes to shop, I always tell her to get what she wants and to have fun - and most of the "surprises" she brings home are good ones. It's the ;little things in life and marriage that really let a person know how truly blended they are.

Boolit Master
    The "Screamin' Sicilian" brand of frozen pizza puts all others to shame. I won't even buy anything else. Unfortunately, it is no longer stocked locally.

Boolit Master
    The best store bought I've had came from Costco. They had it once on sale, never to be seen again.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

We get the Red Baron cheese pizzas. When we want a pizza, we take one out and "dress" it the way we want. SWMBO and I like veggie pizza, so we put onions, bell peppers, tomato slices, olives, and anything else we want. Add shredded mozzarella cheese on that and bake. Weighs about 4lb. by the time we are through. We are rarely satisfied with the pizzas from retail stores. Sam's Club makes a good pizza, with various meats, but you don't see them in the cases, only by the slice. When the grandsons want one, we pull one out and make it to their choice, only with more toppings than the retail places.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

I think there is more to this story than pizza.

Boolit Grand Master

Since frozen Pizza aren't that great and since I like thin crust stuff ... I most enjoy a Totino's Party Pizza , add some sliced pepperoni's on top and some pickled peppers and cook in the oven ... no microwave...
    Sprinkle on some grated Romano cheese and it's not bad ...rather good actually ... It's not a real pizza but it's a heck of a lot better than a Hot Pocket !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master
    I like walmarts flatbread pepperoni pizza. Add a little garlic and granulated onion and a bit of extra cheese. Otherwise we have a local pizza place called Buckaroo's that beats any other place in town. I like their white sauce. Second is Papa Murphys take and bake.

Boolit Master

When we want pizza we head to Papa Murphy's.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    happy Labor Day all
    the best frozen pizza I ever had was mystic brand from bj's club, tricked my friends once with it putting it in a take out pizza box and they wanted to know what pizza place makes this stuff, they ate it all gone in no time flat, no longer available in the south anyway, so I these days ive taken to Red Baron brick oven, yes big difference between brick oven and the regular, with a Smithfield Italian sausage and fresh mushrooms sliced on top with few shakes of Italian spices, garlic powder and Romano and parmesan.

Boolit Master
    The lady of the house loves pizza. Its one of her favorite foods. Its actually how we met, both working in a pizza restaurant. For frozen, we usually get DiGorno's, for delivery we go for Jet's Pizza, and for eating out we go to Dewey's Pizza.

Boolit Master
    +1 on digorno’s and +5 on jets. We love their pizza but no longer live near one. Wife and I both like the 3 cheese pizza from Aldi’s. We also like most of you add more cheese on top and add mushrooms, banana pepper’s, garlic and onion. Sometimes pineapple.
    It take about 15-20 mins longer to cook or else it’s very wet inside.

Mike

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    If you can eat and live after eating a convivence store hot dog with chili on it, Ain't no pizza gonna bother you !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I think there is more to this story than pizza.
    Life is a pizza.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

If you read Cookin Recipes above you realize both my wife and I cook, and we often cooperate. She might get something started and I have to finish, or vice versa. Or I prepare ahead of time to help her or she does to help me. Planning what we will do for dinner is the beginning of this process. We talk about what is available and come up with ideas. One of us will take charge in the process - now that I am recovering from surgery I'm more limited in what I can do but am adjusting and learning how I can do what is often needed. Planning, even casual planning, is essential.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!