MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 10mm Auto for bear defense?

But what kind of bullets did he have in his pistol? Typical .357 law enforcement types used to carry 125JHP.

The wardens name was Luis M Kis and he was carrying a S&W model 66 with issued 158 gr jacketed ammo. At last account he was living in a Veterans home in Montana in 2018 at the age of 92. I have a friend in Kalispell who knew him from his warden days and he told me he was a fair but tough officer. He had to be tough with a bear gnawing on him to get those shots off!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorite View Post
    Thanks Bob. I think a stainless slide would make sense, but I can’t find a 10mm with one, so I’m limited.
    You might want to consider the Ruger GP-100 in 10MM. I m very happy with mine. You have less rounds eg 6 BUT if you are carrying for defense say foir bears or in your area Boars if you have not ended the threat with 6 you are going to be in a world of hurt. You are right though if you drop the revolver in soupy mud you are going to nave to wash out the mud before the gun is going to work.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"