Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&r 999

I got a H&R Sportman 999 22lr , I won it many years ago at a trappers convention that one of the magazine companies was have a raffle and it was one of the items they had to raffle off , I bought a book of tickets just for the heck of it since I get their magazine for $5 and then later on they contact me saying I won the gun and that to get a FFL dealer to do the paper work , I went to the one I done alot of business with told him about it and he said he will take care of it for me and then after when I show up to get the gun and filled out the paper work , I ask him how much I own him , he said nothing because of all the business I done with him he was glad to see I won it and one guy that work there told me he did not know that they had a raffle. Since I have a 22 lr that I use on the trap line , I did not shoot it , at the time I used the case the H&R came in , the only thing I done with the gun is just clean it 2 times for the time I got it . Never fired it, I have so far 2 people wanted to buy from me. I told them not for sale. One told me that if I ever did he wants to be the first one to be offer to, He knows I do not sell my guns. It sits in the safe . One of the real things that I ever won that I proud of . Yes it is like brand new and never fired .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    I received my dad's H&R 922 when he passes away in 2018.
    It has the original box and the original receipt.
    This was the first pistol I ever shot when I was about 9 or 10.
    That inspired me to buy a used 999 when I turned 21.
    I wish I still had the 999 , but am more than happy that I did receive my dad's pistol that is two years older than I am.

Boolit Master
    I've got a 4" model H&R 999, like new. Keep it wrapped and in a storage bag, glove box of the UTV, 3 22LR shotshells and 6 Aguila Hollwpoints, in case we (wife & I) don't have some other firearm along, rattlers, skunks, raccoons, even coyote if necessary. Bought new in 70's, probably in Lawton,Oklahoma (Fort Sill).

Boolit Master
    They also made a model 199 with oversize walnut grips that was SA only. Friend had one. It was the "target" model and the trigger pull was exceptionally light.

Boolit Master

I bought a mainspring with nylon piece from E-Bay for my H&R 929 revolver.
    It still miss fires 3-4 times out of 9. What else could it be? Does the nylon
    piece need to be lubed where it rides on the hammer? It seems like the spring
    is still to weak. What do you think?
    leadhead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12