WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What, no Spam thread!!???

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by slohunter View Post
    Local Ruler store had Spam for $1.99 a can, boy did I over buy. Spam,Spam,Spam,Spam!
    Don't worry ....It will keep ... My wife swears Spam doesn't have an expiration date !
    I wouldn't know ... I never have looked for one !
    Spam , Spam , Spam , Spam !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I would have stocked up too! I only find it for $3.69 per.

Ranger pudding actually sounds good. We mixed and matched C Rats too. We'd take the B2 cheese unit and mix it with the spaghetti. Pretty tasty when out in the field. And of course Mocha was made with the cocoa and coffee. No one liked their ham and limas and I did, so I ate pretty good. Folks would give me theirs and didn't want anything in trade. They were just happy to get the dreaded "ham and MFers" out of their hands. How long has it been since C rations? Yeah, I know that dates me. But I wouldn't mind having a few cases of them in the larder today. The C rats we were eating were from Korea. The biggest complaint I had with them was that I couldn't take a dump for days. Do MREs do the same thing to the GI tract?

Boolit Master

I recall fondly how good some C rats tasted when 'camped out'. My fave was the turkey loaf.

Vendor Sponsor

I have never had that issue in the literally 100's I have eaten but like everything it effects some different than others
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BJK View Post
    I would have stocked up too! I only find it for $3.69 per.

Ranger pudding actually sounds good. We mixed and matched C Rats too. We'd take the B2 cheese unit and mix it with the spaghetti. Pretty tasty when out in the field. And of course Mocha was made with the cocoa and coffee. No one liked their ham and limas and I did, so I ate pretty good. Folks would give me theirs and didn't want anything in trade. They were just happy to get the dreaded "ham and MFers" out of their hands. How long has it been since C rations? Yeah, I know that dates me. But I wouldn't mind having a few cases of them in the larder today. The C rats we were eating were from Korea. The biggest complaint I had with them was that I couldn't take a dump for days. Do MREs do the same thing to the GI tract?
    yes MRE's plug you up for days... they are okay for backup emergency food... not what I would want for a steady diet. I have a couple cases in the pantry where it is dark and cool year round. Take some with deer hunting if we go up north where we can get caught by a blizzard and end up staying a few extra days.

Boolit Master

My spam story:

I played in a band briefly and the oddball in charge wanted us to have a military/mercenary kind of look to us, so I'd been wearing my old assault vest from Iraq. We came off the stage to be with our friends and one of them was poking and prodding at my vest while I explained what the various little geegaws were for and he knocked on a pocket over my left breast which made a "thunk".

I was pretty embarrassed when I open the pocket and found a can of Spam I'd tucked in there 10 years before (as emergency rations in case I had to hoof it across the desert). He still jokes about that but the amusing thing is he recently got into a little prepping and asked me for food advice - and of course I delighted in telling him that while his food stores were decent, he still needed to lay in a few cases of spam.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Master

Grilled spam and cheese sandwich MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Boolit Master

Sorry. I was looking for a bunch of topics like, Medicare, Your Insurance, Auto warranty, and the one I recently got seeking assistance making investments with foreign money. But is is obvious you meant spam, a word formed from shoulders of pork and ham that comes in rectangular cans with rounded corners.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    Sorry. I was looking for a bunch of topics like, Medicare, Your Insurance, Auto warranty, and the one I recently got seeking assistance making investments with foreign money. But is is obvious you meant spam, a word formed from shoulders of pork and ham that comes in rectangular cans with rounded corners.
    Is There Any Other ... we LIKE SPAM
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I've been "smoking" sliced Spam using liquid smoke, anyone can do that, no smoker required. I was using Wrights Liquid (hickory) smoke, but on Amazon I discovered that Wrights has applewood and mesquite smoke, so I have them in my hot little hands now.

Using the hickory smoke I was slicing the Spam to maybe 3/16" thick then each slice got 15 drops of smoke. I stacked one on top of the other and let them sit to soak over night, refrigerated of course. The Spam I used is 25% reduced sodium which is still plenty of sodium. Spam bacon is the result if one fries it that long.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    My spam story:

I played in a band briefly and the oddball in charge wanted us to have a military/mercenary kind of look to us, so I'd been wearing my old assault vest from Iraq. We came off the stage to be with our friends and one of them was poking and prodding at my vest while I explained what the various little geegaws were for and he knocked on a pocket over my left breast which made a "thunk".

I was pretty embarrassed when I open the pocket and found a can of Spam I'd tucked in there 10 years before (as emergency rations in case I had to hoof it across the desert). He still jokes about that but the amusing thing is he recently got into a little prepping and asked me for food advice - and of course I delighted in telling him that while his food stores were decent, he still needed to lay in a few cases of spam.
    And If you don't eat it ... it might be counted on to stop a bullet !
    Spam Spam Spam Spam
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Hey guys, Spam is almost the state bird of Hawaii! Dissin spam here can get you into a lot of hot water, or even a ride in an ambulance, as Hawaii consumes over 5 million pounds of it a year. Rumor has it that spam might get elected de facto governor in the next election. Try a Spam musubi next time your outdoors simple tasty add a omelet, or just about anything with it to create a no refrigerated tasty snack after a morning swim or hike. Of course you gotta have spam fried rice for breakfast as this is an island staple made with oyster sauce and shoyu, garnished with green onions, peas, or whatever floats your boat .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Chop up the Can?
    I prefer the chopped up Hog parts from inside the Can
    I never went back to this thread after my post. Just found it again and read through it. Read JonB's post following mine, just about fell off my chair laughing. Partly because My Father in Law would eat just about anything.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

As a kid, we ate a LOT of Spam for some reason. We were dirt poor but it never struck me that Spam was particularly cheap. Anyhoo, we at so much that I got tired of it. I don't know why, but occasionally, I do get to jonesin' for it so I always have a can or too in the cupboard for that emergency craving. LOL

Google serves up a list of recipes for Spam (see what I did there?!!), including the spam.com web site.

Crap. Now I think I need some Spam and eggs this morning.............

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rrob692326 View Post
    Hey guys, Spam is almost the state bird of Hawaii! Dissin spam here can get you into a lot of hot water, or even a ride in an ambulance, as Hawaii consumes over 5 million pounds of it a year. Rumor has it that spam might get elected de facto governor in the next election. Try a Spam musubi next time your outdoors simple tasty add a omelet, or just about anything with it to create a no refrigerated tasty snack after a morning swim or hike. Of course you gotta have spam fried rice for breakfast as this is an island staple made with oyster sauce and shoyu, garnished with green onions, peas, or whatever floats your boat .
    I like spam !
    I'm a member of the Spam Club of America , have a Spam wall clock , 2 spam T-shirts , the Offical Spam Cookbook (every recipe uses Spam) and will have a Spam sandwich with mayo on Bunny Bread for lunch ... Ain't nobody can say Gary doesn't like Spam ...
    My favorite dish ... make Jambalaya ... but use cubed Spam in place of the chicken ..Then ...
    Wah - Lah ...you got ... Spambalaya ! Pretty Danged Awesome I must say .

Check out all the neat stuff at www.spam.com
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Weathered a few snowstorms bad weather here at home couldnt get into town was running low on things ( not dangerously so) those few cans of Spam in the cupboard made for a nice change of pace in the meals.

Spam died and fried then covered in eggs and cheese makes a pretty darn good breakfast. Making up a slider like white castle. Sliced fried on a layer of mild onions and a slice of cheese.

I have also read where Spam is one of the high theft items in grocery stores.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    I never went back to this thread after my post. Just found it again and read through it. Read JonB's post following mine, just about fell off my chair laughing. Partly because My Father in Law would eat just about anything.
    True story...
    I have dreams where I am forced to eat scrap metal and/or broken glass.
    So your post about chopping up the can, triggered a dream memory.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

All this drove Me to crack that can of Spam that's always in the cupboard. Sliced and fried with a couple of eggs. Mmmm` Good !
    Put another can on the Grocery list.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Lotsa ideas on the recipe page of spam.com Gary. I'd forgotten about it.

Country.gent I intend to try the onions, spam, and cheese tonight. I have a fresh batch of smoked spam in the refrigerator and I ate brunch today so something lite will be just the ticket for supper. I'm going to carmelize the onions. I can't eat the bread, but why wouldn't it make a delicious sandwich?
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Grand Master

BJK I serve it just like those little butgers from White Castle with the onions and cheese on bun or bread. Only different is it dosnt take 6-8 for a meal LOL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast