Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower in need of a life's purpose!

Boolit Master

Lower in need of a life's purpose!

Well, traded a bad bill for this from the client's parents.
    I need another AR like I need.....well, I don't really need another AR - but it satisfied the amount owed.
    BUT!!!! I would like a little poll from the hive in what I should make it into!
    I don't want / need: 5.56, 6.5 Grendel, 25-45 Sharps, 22 Nosler or any of the "out there" chamberings (277 Wolverine, etc).
    Whatcha y'all think??

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I just put a 7.62X39 upper on my lower and have shot it a little with Factory PPU to get some brass and then Loaded them with the 312 155 lee boolit. It was fun and hits pretty hard. I had no malfunctions. I had thought ammo might be plentiful but the POTUS seems to be in the process of fixing that. Also in addition to the 277 Wolverine that I traded into, I am expecting a 300 Blackout upper to be delivered today.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    5.7x28 upper.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

I am really enjoying .300 Blackout but 6mm ARC looks very interesting.

Boolit Master
    450B/Socom or sell it to a Mall Ninja for stupid money and buy you something else.

Depending on if, where, and what you hunt, 350 Legend could be a plus. The cartridge was designed for the AR platform.
    Deplorable infidel

Build something you can find, or make brass for. I built a 350 Legend and can't find a single piece of brass...

The .300 Blackout is easy and fun and cheap to load with ANY .30 caliber bullet-and if you get a ten inch twist barrel it would be a cast bullet star. The 7.62x39 is a good choice for cast and cheap-ish ammo and the 6.8 SPC has a steadily growing one shot kill count on deer and pigs here at our hunting lease.
    I'm down to .223 and .300BO for my AR needs.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

300 Blackout would be my choice for all the reasons stated.

Boolit Grand Master

6.5 Grendel or 223 Wylde!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Grand Master
    9mm upper and a magwell adapter for Uzi or Glock mags. Also a vote for a x39 upper

Boolit Master
    I am appreciating all of the suggestions!!
    I am not crazy about having a 300 BO just yet as I have young shooters in the house and don't want the risk (even though minute and a "should know / be taught better" issue), I have a 223 Wilde, my wife has a 6.5 Grendel, my daughter has the Sharps and I just sold a few of the other ones.
    I do like the idea of the 7.62x 39, and I did actually think about the 5.7. I've always thought that an AR in 401 WSL would be amazing!
    Keep em comin!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

6.8 spc or .458 Socom

Boolit Grand Master

I had the same problem and solved it with a 300 BLK upper.

But I already had a 9mm. Do you? Lots of inexpensive fun!
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

I was going to suggest the 300BO since you have 223 brass. Since you have several other various calibers my vote is for either something big like a 450 Bushmaster or any of the various pistol calibers. I'm leaning towards the pistol especially 9mm.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned

my two favorite chamberings are the 300 bo and the 9mm. But to me if i was going to do a 9mm id want to start with a dedicated 9mm lower. Not much more fun or cheap then shooting a 9mm ar. Ive got a 300 hamr and a 6.5 grendel that are both much better deer hunting ars then my bo's but i have killed deer out to 200 yards with a bo using barnes bullets and the 300 bo is just cheaper to shoot then the hamr. Easier to find brass for, is able to use more different bullets and pushes a cast 130 as fast as needed and is much better for subsonic although that doesnt interest me alot. If i had to pick between the bo and 9mm it would probably be the bo. Just because its a capable short range deer rifle and its till pretty cheap shooting with cast bullets compared to the 556. I have 6 kegs of wc820 and did some experimenting and found a good load using 16 grains of it and a 130 rcbs spitzer gas check mold pc coated. Only problem today is finding primers but thats a problem no matter what your gun is chambered in. If deer hunting is your main consern its VERY HARD to beat the 6.5 grendel.

Moderator Emeritus

Throw a .410 upper on it. I have a Charles Daly 410 and really like mine. Wanted something different.

Boolit Master
    300 ham'r is an interesting new round, I really like the 6.8spc. got on the 300bo bandwagon when it was all the rage but never really appreciated it, that one I could take it or leave it.
    if I were to put together a new upper I think I would try out the 300 ham'r, but that's just me.

Boolit Master

Make a dedicated 22 LR out of it.
    NRA Benefactor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast