Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower in need of a life's purpose!

Boolit Master
    cwtebay, if you're going to shoot cast in it, the 300 Ham'r is the bee's knees! What's not to like with a 15-twist and real boolits? Catch a sale on Wilson Combat for a good barrel. Think about it - the 32 Win Spl with a 16 twist easily stabilizes both the RCBS 32-170-FN anf the Ranch Dog 170. If you can get a boolit to feed and function, 125-180 gr, it might suit you just fine. The RCBS 7.62-130-SPL works really good.

The 7.62x40WT is no slouch either with cast. Standard twist for them is 12.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Does the lower indicate any caliber? Or does it just say "Multi Cal"?
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by condorjohn View Post
    Does the lower indicate any caliber? Or does it just say "Multi Cal"?
    It's just a normal AR lower with parts group and buffer and stock installed.
    Although it is a bit wider behind the firing group than I'm used to, perhaps an M16 lower?

Boolit Master
    How does the 410 work? I need to watch a video on that!
    I really enjoyed using a 6.8 on my hog hunting outings in Texas - granted, it was suppressed and had a fun switch and an amazing thermal - so anything would be fun with that!! But it did seem to be a very effective pig cartridge.
    A buddy stopped by and made me realize that a 5.56/223 upper would be the most practical given the current political atmosphere.... but that's sort of boring!
    My sons all vote for 50 Beowulf, I am checking out the 7.62x39 barrels available now also.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

I like my Charles Daly 410 upper. Make sure to get the right mag for it. I had a issue with a spare one and they just sent me out a new one without getting the defective one. Luckily I had the other showing it was the magazine. It is a lot of fun to shoot.

Boolit Master
    If you load your own think about 6x45 some of the guys at the manatee range built them some time back and they love them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    cwtebay, if you're going to shoot cast in it, the 300 Ham'r is the bee's knees! What's not to like with a 15-twist and real boolits? Catch a sale on Wilson Combat for a good barrel. Think about it - the 32 Win Spl with a 16 twist easily stabilizes both the RCBS 32-170-FN anf the Ranch Dog 170. If you can get a boolit to feed and function, 125-180 gr, it might suit you just fine. The RCBS 7.62-130-SPL works really good.

The 7.62x40WT is no slouch either with cast. Standard twist for them is 12.
    i love mine so far. Its probably the most accurate rifle of any kind I own. Only gun that will give it a run is the old early 70s bdl varmint in 22-250. Id post group sizes but many wouldnt believe it. but theres some downsides. Biggest one is only wilson makes barrels but thats good too because if its like mine its worth the extra money. You also like with the BO need to use BO mags to insure it runs a 100 percent. Finding brass is a bugger because only starline makes it and they make a run and thats it. But if you dont mind the work its easy to make your own out of 556. I just wish it would catch on and others would make uppers and barrels. Id love a 10.5 in ar pistol in 300 hamr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12