MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Molds for 6.5??

Molds for 6.5??

I’ve been hunting around and looking for molds for 6.5mm. It seems that they are getting few and far between these days. Does anybody still make them in the 140gr weight? I saw where NOE was still producing them at one time but they’ve been sold out for what seems like years…….
    "A gun in the hands of a free man frightens and angers the GOVERNMENT, not because they fear the power of the gun, but, rather, the spirit of the man who holds it. "

Boolit Master

Saeco #264 is a 140gr RF bore ride for the 6.5
    I shoot one in 6.5 X 55
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Moderator Emeritus

Be sure to get the correct size for your gun.
    Some are .264 and some are .267 and some are even .270
    There is a large variance in that caliber.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I have had several . One rifle was .......just silly to shoot cast in but the 266469 was ok in 264 WM with less than 20 full power loads ever fired in it . It doted on a 120 gr NOE 260-120 FP paper patched with like 12-14 gr of Unique , the 43rd Lyman gave 26 gr as a max load so it's whatever .

The 6.5×50SR Japanese in a Type 38 Arisaka has shown some promise with the NOE .270-140 I originally bought for the 264 that turned out to actually be a 50 yr old unfired FN 98 . Similar loads with the 266469 paper patched have shown promise also . The first load down range gave me a 3 shot group of perfect profiles of 42" at 50 yd . 4" groups at 50 yd are a huge improvement along with a mostly shiny bore vs it being dark and suspect all over .

I'm pleased with the 266469 mostly because of 5 Loveren types it is the only one that's shot worth beans for me at all .

They are out there . When the demand for 22 cal 55 to 62 , 358-125ish , and 30 cal 150-230 , slows up the other calibers will come back .

As mentioned 6.5mm can be all over the FN 98 was .257×.264 about a half inch in front of the chamber all the way out . The Arisaka has an average of .258×.268 but will take a .280 with correct spec brass with the case mouth up to .002- from the chamber mouth step .274 touches something and .272 shoots clean for now . It's 94 yr old and who knows what it went through the 1st 25 yr of that .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

I had a 266469 and sold it because it was single cavity. Big Mistake. It is a good boolit.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    frkelly74: at least you know what you did with your mold. i too had one and it shoot very good in my swedes. i don't know what happen to it. !!

Man I hope some come back in stock soon. I guess its like everything else these days.......
    "A gun in the hands of a free man frightens and angers the GOVERNMENT, not because they fear the power of the gun, but, rather, the spirit of the man who holds it. "

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    frkelly74: at least you know what you did with your mold. i too had one and it shoot very good in my swedes. i don't know what happen to it. !!
    Of course you loaned it to a "friend"!

Boolit Master
    its coming back to me now. i traded one of my swedes for a unertl scope with a friend. and since he has a habit of borrowing stuff; i belive that is where the mold is.. too bad, we are not on speaking terms (over something else that he borrowed and broke)

Boolit Buddy
    Gave up looking for a 6.5 .old and just buy cast bullets off internet.
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.