WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Single 7 range report.

Single 7 range report.

First trip out with the single 7. Tried 4 loads with 2 different boolits. Arsenal 98 grain dewc and accurate 31-105. Loads were in .32 H&R and .327 brass.

In .32 H&R the wadcutters were loaded over 3 grains of promo and the rnfps were loaded over 4 grains of Unique.

In .327 the wadcutters were loaded over 3.5 grains of promo and the rnfps over 7.5 grains of 2400.

The gun is but was made in 2016. One leg ig the trigger return spring was popped off the strut and it was lubed and dry fited a couple of hundred times. Some observations about the gun. The edges are sharp. I will deburr it. The trigger is gritty and clunky but got better with use. I will tear the action down and buff all the contact surfaces with polishing compound and the dremel tool.

Fit and finish are pretty good overall. As a stainless gun it is noticeably heavier than an alloy framed single six. All 7 cylinder mouths took .314 boolits with light finger pressure. Loading is a bit tricky. If you rotate the cylinder to the click you have gone too far and can't load a round.

Accuracy was good and will be excellent with a better trigger. A .10 front sight would be great. The wadcutters shot equally well regardless of brass with a slight change in point of impact they would be a great general purpose load. They shot straight at 50 yards.

The 31-105 is a dandy. The attached target shows the 4.0 of Unique load with 2 leftover holes in the bull from the 7.5 of 2400 load.

I couldn't resist trying longer range so we went to the rifle range. I hit a 20 oz soda bottle on the second shot at 50 yards with the H&R wadcutters.

I found 2 clay birds on the 100 yard berm and tried them with the accurate boolit In .327 brass. I loaded 7 rounds and dropped into the knees up back against the bench position. Holding about 1/16 to 1/8 inch of front sight out of the rear notch and sitting the bird on top I was able to break both of them with one round leftin the cylinder.

In short this is a great handgun that doesn't seem to finiky about boolits. There was ho trace of leading after around 100 rounds. I know I can go up velocity wise and may do so in the future but for now I'm one happy fat white boy. I would have included pics og the fat guy happy dance but this is a family rated site and that which has been seen cannot be unseen.

If you are thinking about getting a single 7 I think you would be pleased.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Still smiling huh? It'll be hard to wipe that smile off your face for a while!

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    You got all the cool guns

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I’ve got the older predecessor Single Six 32 from the Eighties. I use the 88 grain Accurate wad cutter and 3 grains of Bullseye. Yep it shoots way better than most would think. Actually I hold it better, shoot it straighter than anything else in my meager pile of pistols. The small frame Rugers can be some amazing shooters.

I do have a Single Seven but with the bird’s head grip. Looks cool. But I don’t hit with it like I do the plow handle grip of the Single Six.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Quote Originally Posted by 358429 View Post
    You got all the cool guns

There are still plenty out there. Just look on the tables in the dusty corners. Crusty old men at small tables and out if the way shops have good stuff a lot of the time.

Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    There are still plenty out there. Just look on the tables in the dusty corners. Crusty old men at small tables and out if the way shops have good stuff a lot of the time.

I want a revolver like in the pictures, chambered 357 mag, a revolver that hungers to eat a hot lunch of 170 grain semiwadcutters loaded over 15 grains of H110. I think I want a black hawk revolver.

Love my 5 1/2"

Boolit Grand Master
    People keep telling me my eight shot 327 built on a stainless Super Blackhawk platform is just too big for the caliber, and just smile and ignore them. The 327 handles downloaded ammo accurately and with aplomb, but loaded to full potential the 327 becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"