Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Primer cost

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My local dealer scored some shotgun 209's for a customer that really needed them and was willing to pay the price. Dealer cost was $10.00 a tray, and add hazmat and shipping on top of that.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I walked into a box store that does not normally sell primers. I was about to leave when I heard a guy claim he would take two boxes of CCI standard for the 3.99 a box. I yelled me too. That is .08 cents apiece for decent stuff. Not too bad. Anyway, I made my comment wish I could find some primers and the worker said we got in a few boxes. Show me. He had 10 boxes of 100 Federal Large Mag Pistol Primers. Limit two at 7.99 each. I got four since I had a friend with me. Worker said we don't know why we got them in since we do not sell primers. Claimed he was told they would not be getting anymore.

I know I paid too much. I am running low. Really low. Like not one large rifle primer at all. 80/1000 its not too bad.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

Beagle, your LGS is the same as mine, I agree with you. Last fall primers were flying out the door for 125$K. They have, as of a couple weeks ago, dropped to 89.99K (I think). They had SPP and they had been there for a couple weeks, so I assumed that meant pent up need was easing.

Boolit Master

Drove 1400 miles to Yuma, AZ and found CCI small pistol primers at a local gun shop in stock and restricted to 500 per day at $9.99 per 100. Stupid expensive, but I am down to a couple thousand. Bought 500 today and will buy another 500 tomorrow to give me another 6-12 months worth of supply.

Spent $45 on lunch for me and my dad today, so it's all relative.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Left the local gunshow just awhile ago, primers were $120-150 per thousand! Not that desperate yet! I probably coulda talked down the old guy, as he is a friend of mine, but I’m flush for now. I guess the “ new normal.” Might be $85-100$ per thousand. I’ll just wait and see.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

Went back today and was able to pick up a case since my dad was with me. So was able to score 1500 more small pistol primers, which is easily a year's worth of shooting for me. Maybe in another year they will be more reasonable.

Attachment 296818
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    For our Canadian brethren - my cousin mentioned that he found primers for $6.95 CD last week in northern Alberta. They are Tula and no restrictions that he knew about.
    Is that the norm?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    The LGS last week had a couple of cartons (1000 primers) of Remington 1 1/2 Small Pistol primers on the shelf for $89.99 per carton. He also had some Remington Small Rifle primers for the same price. And a carton of CCI BR-4 for about $160. Don't recall the exact price on those, but a guy came in and grabbed the CCI primers and 3 lbs of Retumbo and was happy to get them.

I'm thinking $90 per thousand is going to be the "new normal" for the forseeable future. I'm sure the Ukraine fracas isn't going to help - it will keep feeding the frenzy to purchase.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516