Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mouse gun practice

Mouse gun practice

This belongs to my daughter but it is visiting, so I thought that I'll run a hundred rounds or so through it for fun.
    Off to a good start! Nary a miss at twenty feet. I'll keep testing it when I get time. The tip up loading is genius; thanks Beretta. Thanks Taurus so far!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Cool.............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

The old lady that lives next door to me has the Taurus model tip up .22lr. I take it out once a year and blow the cob webs out of it for her. Give it a good scrub n loob, and return it to her with fresh boolits. It cycles every time for me.
    I must say, as an old high power competitor, we always referred to the AR's as mouse guns.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    I must say, as an old high power competitor, we always referred to the AR's as mouse guns.
    Same here. That what I thought when I saw the title. This is still interesting.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Looks like Ol Roy had it comin'.
    Pretty fancy shooting TBG.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

It was almost too dark to see the front sight but I hit it more than I missed it. And it kept getting further away. Perfect function so far but next I'll try CCI Quiet. I've only used Mini Mags so far and that's what the front sight is filed for( the carry load).

Mine are Berettas, a Minx, Bobcat and a Tomcat.
    Guess I shouldn't leave out my Jaguar and 2 Cheetahs, but they aren't tip-ups.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I like mouseguns. Currently have two Kel-Tec P32's and a Ruger LCP II .22 in the stable.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Today's snack was standard velocity at 20 feet. I always manage to pull a couple of shots off when things are looking goodIt also liked Norma Tac22.
    Show us your mouse guns! Drag them out of their hideyhole and blast the dustbunnies out of them. You'll enjoy it.

Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless Circa 1927. .25acp. Doesn't come out often so I don't have any target pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colt Hammerless-1a.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	296280

Name:	Colt Hammerless-2a.jpg 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	296281
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

It's good to start at the top. You have a very nice JMB Colt there.

I could contribute a little, but am not certain about the accepted definition of "mouse gun", although I've heard the term for many years. Are .32s and .380s mouse guns? I can see size being the determination, as well as caliber. For example, are my Ruger Standard Model .22 and my Buckmark pistols mouse guns? The photos already posted are of nice pistols, but the only thing I have that would fit in is a Jennings J-22. I have a derringer in .38 Spec. that isn't much larger, but the cartridge is.
    Some mice are bigger than others......

DG

Any pistol you would shoot a mouse with?
    Little .22s and .25s, but my Shield 40 is narrower and barely bigger than the PT-22. Throw a can in the snow and give us a range report with that Jennings, DG!

Boolit Buddy
    I got a little beretta that shoots shorts only. My wife took it and i dont get it back......................curdog

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Any pistol you would shoot a mouse with?
    Little .22s and .25s, but my Shield 40 is narrower and barely bigger than the PT-22. Throw a can in the snow and give us a range report with that Jennings, DG!

Some of the cheapo zinc pistols work really well. I have a well worn Jennings J-22 that eats anything and is as accurate as any other tiny pistol I've tried. With these things, the design was decent and the mild cartridges don't stress the cheap materials too badly. Biggest problem with them was quality control that could measured in inches of vacuum. One pistol might be great, the next one off the line might keyhole, next one after that might stovepipe, and so on. Hi-Point took essentially the same design and applied decent quality control and somewhat better materials.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

O.K., TbG, I'm going to search for the Jennings today and throw it out in the snow. Oh--wait--I read that wrong. I'll shoot it and report back! Actually, joking aside, just like Ferguson says, they are pretty good for what they are. When I was in business I sold many of them in preference to the Raven, which was also good. The only weakness I ever found with the Jennings was that the followers liked to pop out of the tops of the magazines. Eventually someone, but it wasn't Jennings, made a decent after market magazine and I got a couple of them. I used to carry it often, but not as my primary arm, but rather as a backup. Haven't shot it for years, so I'll dig it out.

DG

Curdogs tale of the .22 Short 950 Beretta took me back to the bowling pin days. A friend has one of those neat little guns and we would have side matches where you "head shot" the pins and they would fall over on the table. Big Fun!

Name:	IM007036.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	296380 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM007037.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	296381 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM007040.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	296382

Name:	IM007044.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	296383 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM007043.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	296384

Name:	IM007046.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	296385 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM007049.jpg 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	296386

Name:	IM007051.jpg 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	296387

I'll be staying with the old fashioned way of catching mice.

DG

That's an early J-22 with the horizontal sliding safety. Those usually did better than the later ones with the up/down safety. My biggest worry about these guns is the fact that if you carry it cocked and locked, the only thing holding the firing pin back is the sear. If the sear or firing pin is worn, or the sear spring is weak and not pushing the sear up all the way you can get an AD. Only way I would ever carry one of these is with an empty chamber.

My .22 mouser...….

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast