WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Emergency! Price help needed!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Emergency! Price help needed!

I have an acqaintance that has a .32 Winchester lever action he wants to peddle. Neither of us know the value. What is the going frieght?

Boolit Buddy
    check out like items on Gunsamerica .
    that is the best i can do.
    Real guns shoot at least an ounce of lead

Boolit Master
    It depends on where they are going. If going to a nationaly known celebrity like myself for instance they are most often donated, and would of course be graciously accepted! Thank you!
    BIC/BS

Generous Donator

Ric,
    I picked up a 1954 one recently for $275 that is about 85% or a little better. He wanted a little more but it was close to leaving time at the gun show. I see them from $275 up to $400 out here. The post 64's go for a lot cheaper. $150-$250. Mark

Boolit Master
    Only a few days ago I saw one in a shop in Tulsa for, get this, six hunert! No way! And it wasn't even in pretty good condition. Along with a 30-30 liked priced. Huh? But, that's in a shop. I'm thinkin' a fair price for used is the $250 range REGARDLESS of auctions, blue books, or anything else. These thangs ain't gold plated. Ric, if you can strike a deal, get it, and turn it into a cast boolit shooter - bore better be in good shape or no deal. It WILL do that. Depending on condition, $300. Think I'm cheap? Try to find ammo. Try to find brass ('course 30-30 brass necked up works just fine). sundog

Boolit Grand Master
    Mark's prices are right in line with those around here. The cut-off for pre-64/post-64 is serial number range +/-2,700,000. I would top out at $450 for a pre-64 in 90%+ condition, $250 for a post-64 in that same shape. I don't think any "angle ejects" were made in 32 WS, not very many at least.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Super Moderator

..................Shooting buddy Larry bought a 1935 made M94 (in 30-30) from one of his cowboy shooter friends. I saw it and I'd guess bluing to be about 80%. This one was used, as you could tell from the bluing wear at the carry point, but had been VERY well taken care of. Bright shiney barrel, nice wood etc. He paid $350. That's no California foolishness or sales tax. Simply, "here's your money" and "here's your rifle".

..................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Kittery (Maine) Trading Post has 9 Winchester 32 Specials on their website ranging from $175.00 to $795. The higher priced models are rifles. The carbines top out at $325.00. There doesn't seem to be much of a premium on pre-64 guns in Maine.
    Maineboy

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I got a brand new one, fired several times by owner, angle eject, cross bolt for 350 imported from Maine somewhere. Gunbroker deal. It is my favorite lever gun in the closet, but it is not the best one. The best lever gun is the one Jump sent me, a Marlin pre-microgroove, for the same price in 35 rem. Why not my favorite? 50 percent blue remaining. Both guns shoot exactly where pointed with any load I have ever put into them. I, in older age, like the cross bolt safety. It allows dry firing all day long without harm. ... felix
    felix

Cool

Right here in River City I recently bought a very nice condition '94 carbine in .32 Spl for $400. I can't access my database right now (antique Paradox DOS based program on a different computer), but I think it's late 40's or early 50's vintage.

What sold me is the bore is absolutely sparkling. Not like the bore in my cut down octagon. Anyone know where I can find a nice condition full length octagon barrel in .32 Spl for that other '94?

Cowboy Action is pretty big around here so the older lever guns do command a bit of a premium.
    Regards,

WE

Boolit Master
    C1;
    Are you sure that is a cut down?
    There was a 20" octagon "short rifle" model that was so popular in Texas that it became called the "Texas Model".

Less than a year ago I bought a minty (appears unfired) 1959 vintage 94 Carbine for $300.00. It came with a recoil pad and all steel Lyman 66 receiver sight. I bought it from Griffin & Howe. Without the recoil pad and extra holes for the sight, it would have brought more, but It suits me just fine as I want a shooter.

Super Moderator

...............So Ric. Didja gittit er whut? 8)

......................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Buckshot, I'm still hanging fire. I may get over to take a look at it this afternoon. Any downside to screwing a .38-55 barrel on this? It would be more useful than thw .32 Winchester Special chambering.

Boolit Master

Ric, Maineboy mentioned the Kittery Trading Post site. Here is the used guns web address: ktpguns.com/index.html

This link should be in everybodies bookmarks for reference purposes...Ray

Quote Originally Posted by drinks
    C1;
    Are you sure that is a cut down?
    There was a 20" octagon "short rifle" model that was so popular in Texas that it became called the "Texas Model".
    I'll have to check it again, but I think it's actually about 21" long.
    Regards,

WE

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi
    Buckshot, I'm still hanging fire. I may get over to take a look at it this afternoon. Any downside to screwing a .38-55 barrel on this? It would be more useful than thw .32 Winchester Special chambering.
    ...............No downside I can see other then the cost of the barrel and getting it screwed on and headspaced. Bigger, heavier boolits, very well proportioned rimmed straight taper cartridge. A baby 4570 if you will 8)

.................Buckshot