Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Windham Weaponry AR, Any Good?

Boolit Grand Master

Windham Weaponry AR, Any Good?

I am interested in buying a decent 20" AR and a friend suggested I look at Windham Weaponry. Can anyone here clue me in--are they good, bad, great, overpriced, a good deal or some combination. Reliable? Accurate? Are there alternatives I might consider. I emphatically do not want a carbine, nor do I want a DYI kit gun. Buy and shoot seems to me to be the way to go.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Windham Weaponry was started by the oldschool Bushmaster guys after Bushmaster got bought out. Personally I build all my AR's because I think it's fun, so while I haven't bought an entire gun from them, I have bought barrels, and I had really awesome results with a 1:9 twist barrel from them. If I had to average the sum of public opinion, they're very solid guns from a good company.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Buddy
    My first AR was a WW carbine. It’s never given me any kind of issue and the fit and finish is good. Nice even black from muzzle to butt and a nice tight upper to lower fit. I know it’s not your 20” model but it is a fine rifle. I’ve built others that are higher grade (and more $$$) but my Windham isn’t going anywhere. In fact, it’s actually the rifle I kept on hand during the STL unrest.

As MrHarmless noted, they are the folks that Bushmaster abandoned when they moved so they know their way around building ARs. I’ve never heard anyone complain about one.

Two of my friends own Wyndam AR 5.56 carbines and they are as good as any stock ARS that I've seen. I also put together my own AR15s. It's fun.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

I do not own one, but have noticed that they use chrome lined barrels on their guns as the standard barrel—I like that.

Banned
    Their rifles are as good as anything put out today I would not hesitate to buy a rifle from them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks, fellas. I think I'll take one of these.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Mold
    I have one, no complaints here. I don’t think you will be disappointed.