MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: 308 Win w/RCBS180 GC

308 Win w/RCBS180 GC

I've found that 12 gr. Herco with Federal 308 Win brass, WLR and the RCBS 308-180GC sized .308 with a Hornady gas check, lubed with RRHV lub, will give me 1 to 1.5 in groups at 100 yds. M/V is about 1550fps. This was shot from a Ruger 77V from the bench.

I've used this in club cast boolit matches shooting at 50, 100, 165, & 200 yard on steel targets to win. The club rules required loads be kept at velocities of under 1600 fps to save the steel targets from damage.

Wildbill

Boolit Mold
    are you shooting cast bullet silh. at the lincoln range? years ago i shot there. i don't like sounding like a braggard but for many years i shot nra pistol and rifle silh. and maintain a master class. when i stated shooting at lincoln, i kicked some butt and the organizers started accusing me of wrecking their steel with my 8 bhn cast bullets because even without a chrono, they magically determined i was exceeding 1600 fps. i quit shooting with those *******es. aside from that, great shooting.