Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blueing alternative

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Years ago I had great luck with a product called Kold Blak. Used to get it at gun shows, it was cheap and readily available. It is still on the market but not in the US afaik, and when you do find it you have to order a gallon at $35 before shipping. Probably $75 now who knows.
    I have seen this product in use on YouTube. It is called KYT FOR BLACKEN made by Lunda in Czech. I contacted a company who sells it about ordering some & even posted a thread here. Didn't get much interest. It isn't that expensive but you have to use a web browser to translate. The shipping wasn't too bad but would have been cheaper to have multiple bottles shipped to one person in the US then reshipped to individuals. Email conversation went well they are very friendly. https://zbraneliberec.cz/en/weapons-...-oprava-koroze

Plan B

I left a phone message to Scotties & never received an answer so I'm assuming they're not interested in blueing something prepped by the customer.

I also phoned Bullseye Blueing in Columbus, GA (85 miles away). They prefer not blueing anything prepped by anyone outside their facility. They would blue the guns at their normal rate.

I ordered the Laurel Mountain Forge solution & will rust blue it myself. I plan to do the small parts 1st. following the valuable information from this forum + the written instructions from Laurel Mountain.

Thanks to all that contributed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12