WidenersRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision

Thread: Which speed loader pouch for a Blackhawk Convertible 9mm cylinder

Banned

Which speed loader pouch for a Blackhawk Convertible 9mm cylinder

I need to go “Pale Rider” with my Convertible Blackhawk 357/9mm 9mm cylinder. Which speed loader pouch could hold it?

Boolit Grand Master
    One of the Uncle Mike's nylon Large frame ones should turn the trick.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    One of the Uncle Mike's nylon Large frame ones should turn the trick.
    Nope. Got to be leather. The man with no name wasn’t rockin’ Kydex!

Maybe I’m missing something but are you talking about a Ruger, single action Black Hawk? Is your intention to replace an empty cylinder with a full one that you carry on your body? If so, you’re going to have a problem keeping the 9 mm cartridges in the cylinder when you unsnap the “holder.” It isn’t speedy any more and you also have the issue of realigning the cylinder with the cylinder pin, something that has to fit exactly right, and if in a hurry, your small motor skill go south. If your intent is to reload quickly, you’re much better off with a magazine full of 9mm cartridges that you can thumb into the cylinder after ejecting spent brass.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
    Maybe I’m missing something but are you talking about a Ruger, single action Black Hawk? Is your intention to replace an empty cylinder with a full one that you carry on your body? If so, you’re going to have a problem keeping the 9 mm cartridges in the cylinder when you unsnap the “holder.” It isn’t speedy any more and you also have the issue of realigning the cylinder with the cylinder pin, something that has to fit exactly right, and if in a hurry, your small motor skill go south. If your intent is to reload quickly, you’re much better off with a magazine full of 9mm cartridges that you can thumb into the cylinder after ejecting spent brass.
    I already had a father. I really just wanted an answer to my question. BTW if I get into any gunfights with my Blackhawk, my problems are bigger and started a lot earlier than the speed of my cylinder change. (Have you even seen “Pale Rider?” Clint does it with an 1858 Remington.)

But hey, thanks for playing. NEXT!

Boolit Grand Master

Many years back i had a nice BH convertible. I carried the extra cylinder [either 9mm or 357] in a HKS Large speed loader pouch. The HKS was made for the large N-frame HKS 44/45 speed loaders. I still have the double pouch and it is leather with plastic inserts. Sad to say i traded the Ruger off many years ago but still have the pouch as i use the speed loaders for my Colt Anaconda.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Sending pm sent. james

Banned

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Many years back i had a nice BH convertible. I carried the extra cylinder [either 9mm or 357] in a HKS Large speed loader pouch. The HKS was made for the large N-frame HKS 44/45 speed loaders. I still have the double pouch and it is leather with plastic inserts. Sad to say i traded the Ruger off many years ago but still have the pouch as i use the speed loaders for my Colt Anaconda.
    Thanks for the info Larry. I didn’t know if an N frame speed loader pouch would work or not. Now I do.

Butzbach, be nice, I was trying to be. Just an attempt to show another option available. In the end, the decision is still yours and you can reject all others.