Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ? MOULD REST for a Lee 10# pot ?

The guy selling those should send you a percentage. You probably boosted his sales by 3 or 400%.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    The guy selling those should send you a percentage. You probably boosted his sales by 3 or 400%.
    I bought one. I have this weird slug mold that is in three pieces and you need to be very precise when filling it. I might also use it for my other molds...
    WWG1WGA

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    hahaaa . . . not likely. Conditor22 sent me a link where already Amazon has increased the price by $5, can you believe it?

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

I bought 3 of them at $9.99.

I hope some of you that bought the lab jacks will post pictures of how you adapted them to your particular pot?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoor4570 View Post
    I just ordered one from flebay its coming out of denver (that one got cancelled out of stock) ordered one form a different vendor.
    It's down in the post office now, have to go to town today so will pick it up .

Boolit Master
    OS OK, while your mold is sitting there, the aluminum jack stand is sucking the heat out of it. You might want to consider putting an insulating mat on it to slow the heat loss. Soldering blocks for jewelry makers come in a bunch of materials and prices. https://www.riogrande.com/category/t...ategoryfilter=[Tools%20%26%20Equipment,Soldering%20%26%20Welding, Soldering%20Accessories]

It's been a lot of years since I bought anything from them, but I do spend some time drooling over their selection of tools now and then...

Bill

Boolit Master
    OS Ok,

I would not mind the $5 increase if they gave most of it to you! Good catch on the adjustable jack!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    OS OK, while your mold is sitting there, the aluminum jack stand is sucking the heat out of it. You might want to consider putting an insulating mat on it to slow the heat loss. Soldering blocks for jewelry makers come in a bunch of materials and prices. https://www.riogrande.com/category/t...ategoryfilter=[Tools%20%26%20Equipment,Soldering%20%26%20Welding, Soldering%20Accessories]

It's been a lot of years since I bought anything from them, but I do spend some time drooling over their selection of tools now and then...

Bill
    I don't think there is enough mass in that thin top to really pull the heat out in any appreciable amount. If anything it might let you pick up pace by a fraction of a second.

What I thought was good is that as you push the mould into place under the valve...any drips & spills just push ahead of the mould and off the back of the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    OS Ok,

I would not mind the $5 increase if they gave most of it to you! Good catch on the adjustable jack!

Three44s
    Naw...I don't want anything from them merchants but what I order and shipped in a timely fashion.

What I marvel at is how our Community see's products or parts-n-pieces made for other applications and we adapt it to our handloading/casting hobby.
    We have some one track minds here boys!

I had to have one!
    Aim Small Miss Small

Boolit Master
    i use a piece of steel channel with a leg on each end ,catches drips as well

Boolit Buddy
    Os ok thanks for posting about this jack !I had to have one they are really nice looking I haven’t got to use mine yet but it works well goes up and down smooth.I honestly believe I would have never found one of these.Thanks a bunch Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    i use a piece of steel channel with a leg on each end ,catches drips as well
    That sounds interesting. I have both a 10 lb and a 20 lb Lee bottom pour. I have been using a piece of lumber for a mould guide for the smaller one. It's pretty iffy but it has worked so far. I would like to do something better. The adjustable jack looks nice but I would like to fasten whatever I use down. Don't know how to do that with the jack any more than the wooden brace. I would like a little more information about your steel channel - how you designed it, whether it is fastened to the pot base, etc. Can you help a fella?

Jim

Boolit Master

I'd think a couple short sections of self adhesive hook and loop (Velcro) would work for both your block of wood or the jack. All that's needed is to keep it from sliding around imo.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim22 View Post
    That sounds interesting. I have both a 10 lb and a 20 lb Lee bottom pour. I have been using a piece of lumber for a mould guide for the smaller one. It's pretty iffy but it has worked so far. I would like to do something better. The adjustable jack looks nice but I would like to fasten whatever I use down. Don't know how to do that with the jack any more than the wooden brace. I would like a little more information about your steel channel - how you designed it, whether it is fastened to the pot base, etc. Can you help a fella?

Jim
    its just a piece of channel as long as the pot base is wide with a flat pieces steel at each end as legs .my pot is also stood on an old baking tray so the odd splash stays in the tray not all over my bench.

Boolit Master
    A 4X4 electrical box works great for me.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for posting that! One of my casting buddies uses a 10# Lee pot without a guide. I just sent that link to him.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    I'd think a couple short sections of self adhesive hook and loop (Velcro) would work for both your block of wood or the jack. All that's needed is to keep it from sliding around imo.
    I should have known the ridged surface on the jack would not provide enough flat surface for the Velcro adhesive to bond to. So I cut a scrap piece of 1/8" aluminum plate to 4"X4" and attached it to the jack with a few dabs of fast set epoxy. The Velcro securely holds the jack in place while allowing quick removal.

to OS OK, you are a GENIUS!! thanks........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3481.jpg  
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    I should have known the ridged surface on the jack would not provide enough flat surface for the Velcro adhesive to bond to. So I cut a scrap piece of 1/8" aluminum plate to 4"X4" and attached it to the jack with a few dabs of fast set epoxy. The Velcro securely holds the jack in place while allowing quick removal.

to OS OK, you are a GENIUS!! thanks........
    Thanks oley...but I am far from a genius! I do think outside the box though.

I think your Velcro idea is genius!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast