Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all Eric Clapton Fans - New Release

Boolit Master

For all Eric Clapton Fans - New Release

Banned

I've heard Eric Clapton is a gun enthusiast and actually a pretty accomplished target pistol shooter. Can't recall where I read it, but he seems a good guy as celebrities go for sure. The man sure is a great guitarist.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    He's a big fly fisherman.

Boolit Master

I like Clapton. I don't like that. Sounds like a sitcom theme song. Not too big on the preachy side of the video either.

Boolit Master
    I like it,, as it points to how some of the world is headed toward. I like the line; "I can't take this BS anymore."

Good one!

Vendor Sponsor

Some (maybe all) of his most recent albums have been wishy washy reggae tinged filler. Play once and forgotten. He needs to reinvent himself again or release some of the gems stashed away, or start playing sessions on other artists' albums. He KICKED ASS on the Rolling Stones blues covers album, came in and ripped on a borrowed guitar on I think two tracks but it's unmistakable who's playing.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    hes a master at his craft, its amazing he's still alive after all he's been through in life with all the drinking and drugging, he dont have to work or do anything for that matter if he dont want to he's worth at least a couple hundred million $$. dont know about his politics but put a ton of money and his talent and time to help people get off drink and drugs building, expanding and supporting a rehab place in Antigua. plus a ton of other charitable stuff like leukemia help, Unicef, special Olympics and other stuff.
    will he write another Layla? who knows but at least he is doing what he does, like it or dont like it I got to respect the fact that he's still able to do what he enjoys and share it with the world.

Banned

Highly over rated in my opinion…….he’s no Stevie Ray Vaughan!!!

I'm a fan of some of his music, but not this one. I like the message, but the tune is garbage. Too popish for him. He should stick to blues and rock IMO.
    What could possibly go wrong?

Boolit Master
    I've been a Clapton fan for a long time. I like it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    Highly over rated in my opinion…….he’s no Stevie Ray Vaughan!!!
    Really? LMAO! I like Stevie Ray Vaughn's stuff, but he couldn't stand in Clapton's shadow as a musician.

Boolit Master

I saw Clapton play (with Cream) in October 67 at the Grande Ballroom. I was underage and had to ‘borrow’ ID to get in. Those were three incredible musicians. Clapton got a lot of attention while ripping out licks but Bruce was non-stop all night. Baker too. After they split up Clapton did an interview for Time or Newsweek. Kinda whining about how Bruce MADE him play rock but he really just wanted to do rhythm & blues. From my admittedly youthful perspective I was disappointed in him. Even worse later when the thing with his kid happened. He did well in his later years though.
    Pretty sure I saw every top rock band at one time or another but that concert holds first place in my book.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Really? LMAO! I like Stevie Ray Vaughn's stuff, but he couldn't stand in Clapton's shadow as a musician.
    On the last SRV tour Clapton was part of the tour and he refused to go on stage after SRV…………nuff said!

Boolit Master

Wasn't going to say anything, BUT, all those who expressed a dislike for Clapton, you are out of place in this posting. Title specifically says "FOR ALL ERIC CLAPTON FANS". Reading comprehension ISN'T your strong suit.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Wasn't going to say anything, BUT, all those who expressed a dislike for Clapton, you are out of place in this posting. Title specifically says "FOR ALL ERIC CLAPTON FANS". Reading comprehension ISN'T your strong suit.
    I wasn't going to say anything either BUT, sounds like OP is wanting to see ONLY positive responses to his post. OP are you from the Gub'mint?
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Doug, get back to primary school and learn SOMETHING about reading comprehension. Title of OP pretty much self explanitory.

Boolit Master

Might as well start a Lee thread and say no bashing.

Boolit Master

And I thought there was a rule against bashing threads; must be on another site.

Boolit Master

Didn’t intend to ruffle anyone’s feathers. I did state: “Those were three incredible musicians”, and I meant Clapton too. I further implied my youthful disappointment that such a talented rock guitarist didn’t want to perform in the genre that made him famous. Much less that he was coerced to do something I highly admired.However, my opinions on the life choices of others are just that, Clapton’s preferred genre is his own business.
    I would be far more disappointed if Clint Eastwood said he wished he had devoted his career to spaghetti westerns.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Been to 2 of his concerts, He sounds just as good if not better live, He's the real deal !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast