Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Benjamin Semi-auto PCP

Moderator Emeritus

Benjamin Semi-auto PCP

I today noted that MidwayUSA has the Benjamin Marauder Semi-Auto PCP .22 on "clearance" for $580.02! I found this price sooo great I reckoned I'd share it with other airgunner enthusiasts on this forum! Other retailers price ranges from $699.99 to $849.00! I had bought the bolt version with wood stock (from Pyramic Air), and later purchased (another $58.00) the synthetic stock both for significant less weight to carry, as well as less worries in snow, mud, rain, and the like afield. This one already comes with the synthetic stock -- weighing in the 7-8 pound range -- almost two pounds less than the wood stocked version.
    geo

Boolit Master

I have been eyeballing those, didn't see this nice price though.
    They chamber a fresh pellet each bolt cycle, Pellets do not have an extractor groove.
    If you're on a range, and cease fire is called, clearing the rifle is complicated.
    Great rifles otherwise, or so the reviews I have read claim.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Moderator Emeritus

clodhopper -- I never gave thought to your great point re clearing the rifle at a match. I have a couple of Air Arms PCPs for target match work. BUT -- for taking to camp; trekking through woods; can-shooting; and similar "fun" -- I found this Marauder hard to beat! The only "down" (for my 73+ year old bones and bad knee) was/is its weight, but this with the wood stock. I purchased the synthetic stock to pare off a couple of pounds which now makes mine "almost perfect in every way". The super-bonus, imho, of the Midway offering is their Clearance-priced Marauder already comes with the synthetic stock. In my case, I simply transferred a scope from a similar air rifle (I can't shoot them both at same time, eh?) -- so there was no added expenses.
    Re clearing, I simply remove the clip and then fire one more time. When done for day I drop in a RWS .22 wool "pellet" and send that through for cleaning... While I've never used the BP22SAW at a match, at all I've attended/participated in there generally is a, "Is the line clear?", query asked. For whatever reason -- including perhaps that clearing-shot needed -- this time is provided so to do.
    geo
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 08-29-2021 at 09:17 AM.