Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading UKRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Larger Press for Resizing Boolits?

Boolit Master
    On having more tin (sn)) than antimony (sb) check this thread out and start reading at post #50.
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...y-Alloys/page3

I was just shooting for an economical alloy that would have 2% tin for fill out and enough antimony to give a bhn of 10. The other choice seemed to be the classic 20/1 which is not very economical.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 09-15-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    Yes, it's really this horrible;
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/ck1cZwIZK1ia/

i recently got a Corbin S press. There is no comparison, its tight tolerance, roller bearings and has 2 stroke settings, the longest stroke is for reloading and stronger than any mass prod press out there, put it on the short stroke and you have some real power. You can add a longer lever for even more leverage. Everything that was a challenge before (like making gas checks) feel like nothing now. It hurt the wallet but you get what you pay for. If you want the mack truck of presses corbin makes the mega mite, but its a beast. Corbin's brother also has a company that makes the walnut hill press for cheaper and i hear great reviews. These presses are made for swaging bullets so very powerful but can be used for reloading as well.

walnut hill press: https://www.rceco.com/catalog/
    Corbin : http://www.swagedies.com/mm5/merchan...y_Code=S-press
    Last edited by almar; 09-15-2021 at 10:42 PM.

almar: There's a sticky at the top of the swaging section called "Lets Make a Swage Press". It tells how to make a press that's very much like the Corbin S press. Most people don't have welders or machine shop equipment and don't have the resources to build their own swage press, but you might be able to get some helpful insights or learn some new information if you check out that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    almar: There's a sticky at the top of the swaging section called "Lets Make a Swage Press". It tells how to make a press that's very much like the Corbin S press. Most people don't have welders or machine shop equipment and don't have the resources to build their own swage press, but you might be able to get some helpful insights or learn some new information if you check out that thread.
    ohhhh, i like a new project! Thanks.

Boolit Man
    If the Rockchucker is too light I move to the A2. Then to the BMG press if necessary.

My A2 ram is 2 piece, will take a solid ram extension.

But I never had any trouble with my RCBS or Lyman sizers. Also have two Star sizers, they work great. I size up to 50 cal. centerfire and 54 cal. black powder.

458 Win Mag.

Last edited by Stockcarver; 09-18-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Boolit Master
    My A2 ram is 2 piece, will take a solid ram extension.
    Does that mean you have the solid ram extensions?
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Man
    Yea just got to find it, buried in my 24 x 40 shop.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockcarver View Post
    Yea just got to find it, buried in my 24 x 40 shop.
    LOL, if you should find it and decide you don't want it, I KNOW a guy who does.......
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Stockcarver: That's an interesting looking slug you're using with the 458. What mold is that from? It looks like it would make a dandy hunting boolit for a 45-70.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123